Packing

REWRITTEN BUT UNEDITED

I woke to the sound of a loud slap. I jumped, noticing a stack of papers had been slapped onto the table in front of the couch I had fell asleep on. My mother was standing in front of me with a smile.

"Both of the restraining orders were accepted." She sang, handing me a plate of pancakes.

"Well, that was very fast." I was surprised. Turns out what I said to the officer really hit him.

"I got the itinerary from Lisa." She waved a small sheet of paper in front of your eyes. I squealed and jumped up to grab the paper. I scanned through the sheet with hungry eyes, pancakes forgotten.

'These are gonna be the best days of my life.' I thought, hugging your mom.

"Honey, you have like 3 days, you might wanna finish packing." Mom smiled.

"OH SHIT I'm gonna go right now. What about you?" I asked.

"I've basically finished packing already. I only have 1 day until I leave and so do you technically. We talked about our plan, right?" She said.

"Yup, I'll take an Uber to the airport and back when I return from LA." I recited the talk from before.

"Good girl. Now finish your breakfast and go!" She laughed and left the room. I inhaled the pancakes and checked my phone. I could see that Ethan and Grayson had finished liking all of my posts. I smile, shaking my head. I grabbed my portable charger and went upstairs. After a few rings, the call to Kendal went through.

"ARE YOU HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AS ME?!" I heard Kendal yell.

"PACKING?!" I stressed.

"YUP." She said.

"What I'm doing is taking 7 everyday outfits, pajamas like hoodies and shorts, 1 skirt 1 dress, and some outdoor clothes. Also like a few accessories and 3 pairs of shoes including the ones I'm gonna wear there." I said, rummaging through the jewelery box.

"That's actually really smart. I'll do that too." Kendal said, pulling out her suitcase. 2 hours passed of you guys just talking and packing.

"I'M SO EXCITED AHHH!" I yelled into a pillow. Kendal laughed on screen.

"Oh look greecin and efin should be awake by now." She said. I picked up my phone and texted the groupchat.

Anya: 2 days :)

Grayson Dolan: how's packing going?

Anya: almost done
picture sent
picture opened by 3

Kendal: we're facetiming rn and we're almost done

Anya: my mom and i have an entire plan i cant actually believe this is happening

Ethan Dolan: believe it :)

Kendal: Hey look ethan isnt making fun of us

Ethan Dolan: HEY

Kendal: 😒

Grayson Dolan: wow im surprised

Anya: me too

Ethan Dolan: U GUYS R MEAN

We weren't wrong.

"This is literally all I ever wanted. To talk to the twins like they're normal people." I sang happily.

"This is amazing." Kendal said back happily.

*incoming call from grayson dolan*

"WHY IS GRAY CALLING ME?!" I looked at my phone in shock.

"IDK BITCH PICK IT UP." Kendal yelled. I  hung up on Kendal and accepted the call.

"Hey! Just wanted to tell you what you might need to bring, just in case." His deep, recognizable voice drifting out from the speakers. I physically used my hand to push up my dropped jaw. 'How is this real life?'

"Hey Grayson! Yeah no problem. It'd be a great help actually." I said, glancing at my mess of a room.

"Lemme guess, your room is a mess, isn't it?" I heard a smile in his words.

"This always happens when I pack, okay? Its not like I'm having a mental breakdown." I said indignantly. He laughed. Hmpf.

"Well, you might want to bring outdoor clothes cause Ethan and I like to explore. Casual clothes cause we don't really do anything special." He said.

"Ok thats great that'll make packing even easier. Anything else?" I started sorting out the clothes I wanted.

"Oh yeah. Bring something really fancy. Like as fancy as you can possibly get." He added in quickly. My jaw dropped. For the second time. I really needed to stop doing this.

"GRAYSON YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO MAKE THIS EASIER WTF." I yelled into the phone. I heard him laugh sheepishly. Dumbass.

"Okay, okay, ignore the extremely fancy thing for now. You can buy that in LA." He said.

"Good." I zipped up the suitcase, satisfied with my selections.

*buzz* *buzz* the home phone rang.

"One sec, Grayson." I say, holding my phone away from me. I hear him acknowledge that he heard me and I pick up the home phone.

"Hello, this is Alaya, who's speaking?" I speak into the speaker politely, not willing to trust the other person with my real name. I put the home phone on speaker and put my own phone close to my ear again.

"You're one rude bitch aren't you?" The slimey voice made me drop my phone.

"What the fuck. Hunter how did you get my home phone number?" My voice shook.

"Nothing can keep true love apart." I shuddered at his tone.

"Love where, asshole?" I snarled.

"Our love babygirl." He purred.

"Never call me that. Don't contact me again you creepy fuck." I hung up and threw the phone to the floor. I wiped the tears away from my eyes that had sprung up unnoticed and sat there. After a second of silence, I heard a light sound from my phone speakers.

"Anya!" I heard Grayson through my phone's speaker. I grabbed my phone.

"Hey Grayson sorry about that." I sniffled.

"Who called you? Cause whoever that was was creepy as hell." He said.

"It's Hunter. The guy I got a restraining order against." I composed myself. "It's fine, Grayson. Don't worry about me." I said, smiling.

"I'm here for you if you need me. Remember that." He said seriously.

"Right back at you. Bye Grayson." I said, heart full of love for this wonderful human being.

"Bye Anya." I hung up the call.

Grayson Dolan: ❤️

Anya: thank u grayson.

Anya: ❤️
seen

I sat there for a minute before calling Kendal back and reiterating the entire situation. After spending approximately another 2 hours talking and finishing up packing, I hung up for good. I threw my phone to the side and picked up my computer, starting an edit. I spent a solid 3 hours doing this until I was satisfied with the final product, letting it render and going downstairs.

"Hey mom, are you ready?" I walked over to mom's bed and sat down.

"I think so." She said, zipping up her suitcase.

"I can't believe this is happening. You're going to Paris by yourself and leaving me for a month and I'm going to be with some of my favorite people in the world for a whole week." I enthused. She smiled and came up to me, kissing me on the forehead.

"This is gonna be great honey."