Conflict

REWRITTEN BUT UNEDITED

An hour of sulking later, I heard his revolting voice call me downstairs.

"ALAYA! Can you come down here?!" He yelled. I rolled my eyes and scoffed. As IF I was gonna treat him with respect. He did not deserve it. And not when he called me the name that he wanted to name me.

"Honey, please! The faster you come down, the faster he leaves." My mom called you. My lips quirked into a small smile at her annoyed tone. This time last year, she wouldn't have said something like that.

"Coming, ma!" I got up with a sigh, my phone screen hidden in my palm. I went downstairs and entered the kitchen, air heavy with tension.

"Hey honey-" my father started with a sickly sweet smile.

"Save the crap. Tell me why you're here then leave." I stood next to your mom, arms crossed. I saw his smile turn sinister. My body instantly tensed. He threw a stack of papers at me. I caught it, never breaking the eye contact with him. I looked down to see his signature on the paper. 'Wait, he signed the divorce papers?!'

"Are we finally free from him?" I faced my mom. Her mouth opened to speak when the asshole who called himself my father cut in.

"Ill answer that for you. I need something from you." His nasty voice rang in the air.

"The fuck do you want?" I let out an angry sigh.

"I want summer custody of you. For every year until you turn 18." His creepy smile grew. 'Oh hell no. I'm not going to deal with his cruel ass.' I thought.

"No can do, asshole. I'm not going to deal with your cruelty again." I smiled nastily. His face instantly turned evil. He walked up to me and slapped my face hard, the strength of it forcing my head to the side.

"Ah, ah, ah there. Remember that I have proof, security cameras and I can call child protective services. Also, 911 at the ready." I stayed cool while your cheek stung. He growled and backed away from me.

"Well, you have to spend time with me this summer. Take a vacation with me to Canada or some shit." He crossed his arms.

"Sorry, I have plans this summer. Also, you can't force me to do ANYTHING with you." I stood my ground.

"Well, whatever the fuck it is, you can cancel it." He sneered.

"Nope." I smirked.

"She won a free trip to LA to meet some internet stars and I'm going to Paris so sorry no can do." My mom spoke up. Shit, she shouldn't have said that. I could see the regret on her face.

"I'm going with you to LA. I heard about that trip. Those twins are paying for a parent or guardian to come with you. Problem solved." He looked triumphant.

"Number 1, that's creepy as hell. Why do you know about that? Number 2, I've already turned down the request for a parent/guardian. Number 3, I don't consider you my parent or guardian. Or even a respectable person. Please get off of our property." I gestured to my mom and myself.

I saw his face turn red as he tried to supress his anger. He knew that he had to get off of the property or I'd call the cops. And the cops knew who he was and would immediately send him to jail. I showed him my phone screen, which had 911 dialed on it and I put my finger over the call button.

"I hate you two bitches. When I win this court case and they find me innocent, I'm coming for you." He all but growled and left the house, slamming the door hard behind him.

"Oh and it'S ANYA!" I yelled at the door. My mother and I stood there frozen in place for a full minute afterwards. After you were sure he had left, the two of us sighed out in sync.

"Ow." I rubbed my cheek. I was sure that was gonna leave a bruise. I opened my phone camera and checked my face. The skin was already changing colors and starting to swell. My mom came over to me and kissed my bruised cheek gently.

"I'm so sorry, honey. I thought they would keep him in custody until the court case started but I guess that changed." She shook her head.

"It's fine Mom. I've had a hectic day so I'm just gonna go to sleep okay?" I said, body drooping.

"Ok honey. I'm so sorry about that man. You ARE going to LA. Without him." She said firmly. I smiled and kissed her on the forehead. I trudged up the stairs, got ready for bed and got under my covers. I went on instagram and posted a picture of me smiling with my bruised cheek captioned 'nothing can make me feel bad after what happened today :)' and was almost about to pass out when

*DING*
why me?

One message from my hoe ❤️

my hoe ❤️: Message me on insta

I rubbed my eyes tiredly and opened the groupchat that I always spoke on.

Anya: What do u wanna tell me Kendal?

I lay there waiting for a response when after some time of waiting, my phone finally buzzed.

Grayson Dolan: i just want to say that before you two talk on this gc, e and i can see it now

Anya: oh, im so tired im not paying attention
Anya: thx for telling me, grayson

Grayson Dolan: no prob :)
Grayson Dolan: don't want you spilling all your secrets now do we?

Anya: lmao what secrets
Anya: goodnight x

Grayson Dolan: gn
Grayson Dolan: 💜

I smiled at how nice he was. I opened up a private dm to Kendal and messaged her there.

Kendal: hola puta

Anya: hey bitch

Kendal: how did you meeting ur dad go?
Kendal: and i thought he was in custody until proven guilty

Anya: asshole wants summer custody of me every year until im 18
Anya: and i thot so too but no he's now out under strict watch
Anya: apparently they dont have that strict of a watch

Kendal: what'd you say?

I explained the entire situation and what had happened, leaving out the part when he slapped me very hard.

Kendal: Damn, he did that much damage in under 10 minutes?

Anya: yup

Kendal replied to your story
.
.
.
BITCH WHAT R U NOT TELLING ME

Anya: o yea, he slapped me so hard that now my cheek is bruising
Anya: you know why he's (supposed to be) in jail

Kendal: BUT THIS IS SERIOUS
Kendal: HOW R U FEELING

Anya: im fine dont worry :)
Anya: after today, i cant not be happy

I smiled at the events that happened today. Grayson and Ethan had both noticed me and my best friend AND I was going to meet them AND I was going to film a video with them. I rolled around in my bed, hugging your phone.

Kendal: go to sleep, hoe
Kendal: we get to call the twins tmrw AHHHH

Anya: HOLY SHIT YOURE RIGHT
Anya: HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SLEEP NOW

Kendal: IM SORRY SWEET FUCKING DREAMS

Anya: FUCK YOU
Anya: GOODNIGHT
Anya: ❤️

Kendal: ❤️

I turned off my phone and plugged it into the charger. 'HOLY SHIT IM GONNA CALL THEM TOMORROW!' I squealed quietly in my bed.

'What the fuck am I doing?' I facepalmed at how much like a stereotypical teenage girl I was acting. I turned on my back and looked at the ceiling, sighing out in happiness. A few short minutes later, I drifted off into blissful dreams.