Realization

Taehyung

I couldn't stop the tears leaving my eyes like rain drops. All of the stress and pent up anger and sadness was finally flowing free from within me and there was no stopping it until my body felt satisfied with the release.

So I sat there all alone in the hospital room with my leg in the air, injured and sweaty with my head thrown back against the pillow. My body was shaking with sobs because the crying just kept getting worse and worse. I placed my hand over my mouth to muffle them because I didn't want anyone outside to hear me. I just wanted to be alone for right now.

A few minutes later, my tears drying on my cheeks and my hand laying at my side, I stared up at the ceiling.

The only thing on my mind was the fact that I wanted to see Jungkook.

But not just see him, I wanted to feel his touch. I wanted his skin against mine. I wanted his fingers intertwined with mine.

When the door opened, I lifted my head up to see if it was Jungkook but I was met with Jin and Yoongi.

A flustered looking Jin and Yoongi at that. I could only guess one thing as to why they were in such a state but I pushed it to the back of my mind as a blush made its way across my cheeks.

I saw Yoongi holding a plastic bag with what looked to be clothes in it. Was I leaving today?

They looked at me and when mine and Jin's eyes met, I saw sympathy swimming inside of them. Was it because of my leg or something else?

"Jimin told us what you said, Taehyung," Jin spoke first. I could tell Yoongi wasn't approving of whatever Jimin told them because he was as stiff as a board. Yoongi walked over to one of the benches in the room and set the bag down then sat down himself, crossed his legs and his arms and looked away from me. I was honestly hurt because I haven't seen him in over a week and he's being cold towards me.

"What did he say?" I asked, trying to put my attention on Jin instead of focusing on Yoongi. Jin sat down beside me on my right in the plastic chair and sighed. He leaned forward and put his elbows on his knees then looked up at me.

"About how you're going to let Jungkook stay with you," Jin responded and I ignored the small huff coming from the other side of the room. "And how you're not going to the police."

"I didn't say I wasn't going to the police. I just think maybe he doesn't deserve to go to jail for the rest of his life," I defended myself.

"That's absurd!" I turned my attention to Yoongi who had stood up and was waving his hands in the air with wide eyes.

"Yoongi, I said I would do the talking," Jin mumbled from my right. Yoongi gave Jin a glare.

"I can speak for myself, thanks," Yoongi spat and turned back to me, his arms crossed once more. "Taehyung, I don't give a shit that you like him for some odd fucking reason but stop thinking about yourself for once and think about the people who suffered along with you. Think about the people he harmed before us and the things we don't even know they did before they kidnapped us. They. Deserve. To. Rot. In. Jail." I was shaking. I figured everything would be okay once we got out of the mansion but I was so wrong. Everything was shit because I was following my heart instead of doing the right thing.