U-Turn

Namjoon

I miss him. I miss my best friend. I miss my partner in crime, literally.

I was still sitting by his bedside and he was still unconscious. And that creepy ass doctor was still hitting on me. It was almost too much to take. With Hobi still not waking up for some unknown reason to me and then Chen commenting on how good I look every time he sees me is overwhelming.

I sighed as I glanced at Hobi's figure lying in the bed and stood up to walk out of the room. I closed the door behind me and looked down the white hall and began walking down it to the vending machines. I felt in my back pocket to make sure I had my wallet and luckily, I did. I stopped in front of the machine that was filled with drinks. I didn't have it in me much to eat anything, maybe a small chocolate bar here and there but my appetite was lost.

As I was pressing the buttons to buy a Coke, I felt someone tap my shoulder and glanced behind me to see Chen. I rolled my eyes and turned back around to face the glass and pretend to look inside while really, I was hoping he would get the hint that I don't want to talk to him right now; or ever.

"Namjoon, you don't look good," I heard him say from behind me

"That's different from what you normally tell me," I scoffed and crossed my arms. I still refused to look at him.

"Namjoon, I'm serious. You look sleep deprived and like you haven't had a good meal in a while." Did I really look that bad? I mean, can he blame me though? My best friend is lying unconscious in a hospital bed and I had to sell our mansion in order to not only pay for the hospital bills but also to buy not one, but two apartment rooms.

Yes, during these two weeks I sold our mansion. The bills were piling up so I figured if I sold our house for a reasonable price, then I could afford two apartment rooms and pay for the bills. The longer he stays here though, the more bills there will be. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to afford it because Jungkook is the one with the money. He's the reason we could even be able to look at that mansion.

"Chen, I'm fine."

"No, you're not. I'm taking you to dinner tonight." My eyes rolled into the back of my head once more and I finally turned around this time to look at him.

"Really? Is this seriously another way for you to ask me out? Chen, I'm not going to go out with you!" I yelled at him and he only stared at me blankly. He reminded me of Yoongi at the dinner table.

"Why? Is it because you're dating him?" he questioned and furrowed his eyebrows. I noticed he had stepped closer so I stepped back but sighed in annoyance when my back hit the front of the vending machine.

"Hobi? No, I'm not dating Hobi. I'm too stressed out to even think about leaving this hospital right now, Chen. I can't keep doing this with you." I went to push out of his way and leave, not even caring about the drink anymore, when he pushed my shoulder back into the machine and stopped me from leaving. I glared down at him.

"One night. That's all I'm asking, Namjoon. Please," he begged and I shook my head and once more went to walk away. "Wait, please. Not only because I want to take you out on a date, but because you look like you could use a good, nourishing meal. I could take you to that sushi bar downtown and let you pick out whatever you want. A good, healthy meal." I stared at him and blinked. The idea didn't sound too bad. The only bad part was that it involved going with him. But I love sushi and it's a free meal, so. . .