7. Madame Montiere's

Albus felt as if he were going to explode with happiness; this was beyond all of his wildest dreams! Lily was equally starstruck beside him and they both froze with amazement when the brick wall had swung open to reveal all manner of strange sounding shops with incredible items on display.

He stared in wonder at a swarm of teenage boys all goggling wild-eyed through the shop window at the latest broomstick - the firebolt 3000 with thought control, a wide and padded seat for comfort, anti-jinx control and acceleration up to 200mph!

James gave a longing moan beside him as he stared wide-eyed at the room, and Harry almost had to drag him away from it! They walked on and Albus could smell freshly baked cauldron cakes and fresh parchment. A shiver went down Albus's spine; he couldn't believe this was actually real- actually happening after all this time.

"First stop, Madame Montiere's robe shop"  announced Harry, pointing at  a shabby looking shop with enchanted robes dancing and twirling happily outside.

"She took over from her mother, Madame Malkin after she retired last week. Madame Malkin was the one who fitted me for my first school robes you know, I'm sad to see her gone."

As they drew near the shop, robes flew down gracefully to welcome them through the doors. The bell gave a small tinkle as they stepped inside carefully, mindful of the stacks and stands of robes everywhere around them. A boy was there already, being fitted for his robes along with his father. Harry's hand tightened painfully on Albus's shoulder as the man looked up at Harry with such a disdainful look that Albus couldn't believe Harry didn't recoil in horror. Something was going on...