15. Love Potion

As they explored the shop, a new surprise awaiting at each turn, they passed all manner of spellbinding items. These ranged from fake wands which let out a high pitched squeak when handled and transformed into furry grey mice, to a variety of odd wizarding pets including the adorable Pygmy Puffs, resembling each other far too closely for Rose's taste. Then again, Lily's Lilac pet who she was so unconditionally attached to, was kind of cute.

Up and down sloping isles they ran like small children. They paused quickly whenever something caught their eager eyes, passing shock shakes; decoy detonators; punching telescopes; extendable ears, useful for prying in on other's conversations; canary creams; reusable hangman; a whole stand full of glistening wonderwitch products at which Albus pretended to retch; megaboxes, portable swamps and so much more. Rose and Albus simply had no idea where to turn, and they simply didn't have the gold to stash all these incredible delights. It was like a sort of hellish-paradise... an oxymoronic, child magnetising array of pranks and spells. She could just see her uncle's name written all over it, (sometimes literally - "George Weasley" painted in golden lettering at the bottom of various products.)

Suddenly,  after what seemed like a fruitless shopping attempt, Rose spotted a darkly lit corner nearby emitting a strong pink glow. She was drawn to it like a moth to a light, eyes widening when she saw what it contained. Dare she draw nearer? But the question didn't need answering, she couldn't help herself. Tiny, thin glass bubbles full of fuchsia pink potion lay delicately atop oversized lily flowers. They looked fragile enough to break at a light touch, sculpted beautifully. One thing was certain, this part of the shop was different. So different. The flowers gave off incredible scents, and Rose felt like she was experiencing the very scent of summer itself in a single sniff.

Albus rolled his eyes at the first sight of pink, and wandered off to look at the Muggle tricks section, marvelling at the simplicity. Rose's first instinct was relief but she instantly felt horrified. She had never felt relief at Albus's disappearance in her life, but she just needed a moment alone... to gather her thoughts and allow herself to be hypnotised by the bubbles spreading through potion like a lava lamp.  She looked around anxiously, feeling like a child about commit some sort of crime. ‘Nobody can see me..." thought Rose as she edged close enough to see them properly, her heart quickening. Why did she feel so awkward standing here? Swirling silver writing embellished the glass, spelling out 'Love Potion'.

 She closed a shaking palm over a delicate heart-shaped bottle and it felt warm and smooth in her grasp. It was as if as if it had been lying in the baking sun for hours, instead of a shadowy shop corner lying in wait for it's next viewer. "Woow” Rose breathed, eyes glistening. She quickly inspected the other bottles: "Pimple Vanisher, Hair Sleeking solution, Everlasting Eyelashes, Crush Blush... she didn't know where to start. With this she could be as popular as she liked, maybe even pretty. Her breath caught in her throat as she leaned over the side. Lost in her dreaming a loud crack behind her made her jump in shock and she almost caused the fragile bottle to drop and shatter into a million tiny shards.

 “I see you’ve found out Wonderwitch Products,” grinned George knowingly “your just like your mum and auntie you know, but unlike my sister you won’t be needing that.” He snatched the bottle playfully, setting it down and raising his eyebrow at her. "The time will come dear Rosie... not just yet. You don't have to use these just yet to find a guy just as loyal, hilarious and good-looking as me." He grinned as ruffled her hair playfully as blushed, embarrassed and walked slowly to where Albus was standing, secretly longing to try one out. Who says she's too young anyway?