Chapter Four

×Chapter Four×

Even though my head still hurts from Aiden yanking on my hair, I walk back to the elevator with an air of accomplishment. I’ve got to try something like that again. It was too epic to do only once.

I’m the only one in the elevator, and I shiver, trying to keep myself warm. I need to talk to my grandfather about the lack of heat. I’ve seen heaters around the school, but they’re never turned on. It’s not even winter yet, and I’m already freezing.

The elevator stops on the fifth floor. Frustrated, I push the six button repeatedly.

The doors then open, revealing a burly boy that smirks when he sees me.

I’m getting a feeling that I should get off right now. I know I should listen to my gut, but it’s too late and the doors shut, trapping me inside with the guy. But it’s only one floor I have to wait, which isn’t so bad.

The guy is creeping me out, looking me up and down.

“What is a beautiful girl like you doing all alone?” he asks, trying to sound flirtatious. However, he has a  surprisingly higher voice than I was expecting. I think I just threw up in my mouth.

“None of your business,” I say.

“Now, that wasn’t very nice. Trying to hurt my feelings?” he replies, trying to sound hurt.

“I don’t care,” I say, annoyed.

“I think you and I could get along very well.” Ugh, give me a paper bag!

He starts to run his finger up and down my arm. Hell, no.

I viciously pull away and yell, “Get your fucking hands off of me! Do I look like a whore to you?”

How much longer is this elevator ride going to last? His flirty smile quickly morphs into a scowl. I’m pretty sure I pissed him off.

Before he can say anything else, or get his hands on me again, the elevator door finally opens. I run out, never looking back. I am too afraid that if I do, I’ll see him following me. And I think Aiden is bad?

I finally reach our dorm, and slam the door behind me, panting.

Chaise is the only one in the living area, and he questioningly looks at me.

“Creepy. Guy. Was. Trying to. Hit on me!” I say between breaths,

He just looks at me for two more seconds and then back at the TV. Asshole.

I glare at him, saying, “Thanks for the help…”

When I finally catch my breath, I can hear the shower going. Another idea forms in my head, and I laugh. This time when Chaise looks at me I say nothing.

I walk into my room and get under the covers of my amazingly comfortable bed. I am so tired, and I’m going to get a good night’s sleep, starting now.

Right after I close my eyes, I hear the shower turn off and I remember my plan. Oh, well, some other time then.

I hear Aiden walk into the room, and he stops for a second for who knows what. Then he goes into his closet and locks the door.

The next morning, I wake up to someone moving around the room. Groggily, I look at the clock, reading 9:13. I feel half dead.

“Why are you up so early?” I ask, annoyed.

Aiden turns on the light, and I pull the covers over my head, making a frustrated noise. But the asshole ignores me.