Chapter Four

×Chapter Four×

“Really, though,” I say to Aiden after I finish the meal, “why have things between us changed? It’s like, we’re being friendly toward each other, now.”

“It’s part of the bond…” he grudgingly explains. “It didn’t happen immediately the first days after I bit you, because it takes a little longer to come into effect. And tonight I have to feed from you again to ensure that our bond will stay. It has to…since I have marked you. And eventually it will be my responsibility to turn you.”

WHAT?”

He widens his eyes in surprise.

“You are going to make me into a vampire? Uh, no way. I thought I’d be with you for the rest of my life. Not fucking eternity!”

I see that my unwillingness to be with Aiden hits him kind of hard. Does he really care that much about me? When did this happen?

“Felicity, shut the hell up, please, before I get pissed off and do something to you again that I’ll regret…”

I am about to say something back but come up short when I notice Aiden is actually shaking. I can see the tremors going throughout his body that he is trying to control.

I wonder if vampires have a hard time controlling their anger, ‘cause that sure as hell is believable with Aiden.

“Every vampire has his weakness,” he mumbles, looking away.

“Really? What’s yours?”

“You’re seeing it…”

“Oh,” I breathe. I’m still a bit confused but I keep it to myself. Oops, and of course I’m technically not keeping it to myself since Aiden hears my thoughts.

“Look,” he sighs. “You’ll be okay if I leave for a little bit, right? No cutting.” He glares at me.

“Uh, yeah, I’m not going to do that again…hopefully…” I blush, embarrassed that he actually said that out loud.

“You need to accept that it is a problem with you, Felicity. Alright, I’ll be back in a bit…”

He quickly spins around and locks me back in the room. Damn. Does he really think I’d try to escape? I don’t even know my way around this castle.

Then again, I did try to escape from him that one time when I was having a nervous breakdown…

                Panicked, I force myself to push away the memory.

                I lay back down and turn onto my side, staring at the authentic gold wallpaper. I sullenly wonder what it’s made of, because it’s just so shimmery I don’t want to take my eyes off of it. My eyes begin to water and I’m not sure if it’s the effect of not blinking or my emotions.

                Feeling like I have no control over my body, I suddenly get up and stumble to the bathroom. First thing I do is look at my ugly self in the mirror. When I see how dry and thin my now dull black hair is, I avoid the mirror. Maybe I’ll feel better if I take a shower…

                I begin to shakily take my clothes off as I turn the dial on and wait for the water to heat up. I put my hand in the shower to test the water, and find that it’s already warm.

                Just as I’m about to get in the shower, I spot the medicine cabinet over the sink. Before I can talk myself out of it, I open it and take a razorblade out of the box, hopping in the shower with it.