Chapter Nine

×Chapter Nine×

                I wake up in an empty bed. Where the hell did Aiden go? Thinking he can just sleep with me and then ditch me—I blush, thinking about last night. I’m trying to be mad at him but it’s not working. I had such a good night. From shopping with Nate, and dancing at the ball, and then what we did after that…

                Sitting up, I yawn and stretch, trying to convince myself to get my lazy ass out of bed and get dressed. I feel the side of my neck, where two puncture wounds are beginning to heal.

                Then I remember Nate saying the night before something about getting up bright and early. Looks like I didn’t have a problem with that, this morning. I wonder why no one has come to get me for this mysterious date-to-be?

                It’s so predictable, I think to myself, when Aiden suddenly appears in my—no, our—room.

                I smile when I see him; I just can’t help it. “Hey.”

                “Hey, Felicity. I know I let you sleep a little later than planned. Now, we need you in the weapons room.”

                “Wait… What? Why would you need me there?”

                For the first time in a while, now, Aiden doesn’t tell me to “just shut up”, he explains to me the little that he does know, as of right now.

                “That’s just what I was told, love.”

                Love?

                “What do you mean?” I ask.

                “You’re needed there to begin training.”

                “Training for what?”

                “I think you know what. Do you remember or not what we talked about back at the dormitory?”

                “You can’t be serious. You’re sending me off to the hybrid armies!” I scream at him in disbelief.

                “No! Felicity, how could you think I’d do that to you?” he says. “After everything I’ve just told you and shared with you…?”

                I don’t even have the ability to do anything but break down and cry. I don’t know what the hell has gotten into me. Aiden’s just told me that’s not what is happening, so why do I still feel so…unwanted?

                And what is up with this sudden mood swing?

                “Felicity, you are wanted. I’m sorry. You know—well, I hope you know—that I would never give you away to those bastards. I know I’ve been the so called bastard in the past, but I’m here for you now, and I’ll never let anyone use you or hurt you in any way.” He is somehow holding me up now and I cry into his chest.

                “I’m sorry I’m being so stupid. I don’t know what’s gotten into me!”

                I’m like a blathering, hysterical idiot, and Aiden should be sneering at me and saying something sarcastic or something more along the lines of “get a fucking grip!”

                “I’m sorry,” he says, once hearing my thoughts. “I’m so sorry.” He rubs my back in assurance that he is no threat to me anymore.

                “Why am I so fucking emotional?” I cry.

                “For all we know, it could be from all the blood loss. Or it could just be from recalling your…traumatic experiences.”

                “Now you sound like my old psychiatrist,” I start to laugh. I look up into his eyes. He leans down to meet my lips.

                “You just need to start training in the weapons room in case we ever need to start fighting. The werewolves, the angels and demons, anything, pretty much. Either way, the training is a win-win situation,” he says, finally. “And, you already have experience with Tae Kwon Do, so I’m—we’re all—pretty sure you’ll enjoy all this. That is, if you did like Tae Kwon—“

                “Yes, I did!” I interrupt him, grinning. “Let’s go ahead and get started.”

                We head down the stairs to the weapons room, which turns out to take up more the space of half the castle, than just a room. I feel my eyebrows go up once we walk in.

                Everything, from medieval times up to the present moment, lines the walls. Different types of swords, and hammers, bludgeons, and clubs. The most handguns I’ve ever seen in one room…and the most machine guns as well.

                “Jesus Christ,” I murmur. This is some hard core shit. I hear Aiden snort from behind me, and I blush. Probably thinking how stupid I must sound, coming from a stupid little girl…

                He hugs me once more, whispering in my ear, “No,” and walks over to Nate and Chaise. I shortly follow.

                “I see Felicity finally woke up,” Nate said to me, smiling.

                “I see that Nate finally…” I had no clue what to say. Great.

                “I see I left you hanging!” All three of them laughed at me.

                “Yeah, yeah, I know I sound stupid,” I laughed, too. “So what are we going to do today?  

                “Felicity,” Aiden’s father walked up to me, out of nowhere, “we are going to see just what you can do.”