Chapter Seven + Epilogue

×Chapter Seven×

When I wake up, I’m on the sofa in the living room. I remember everything that happened last night…or very early morning.

“Oh, shit!” I yelp, reaching for my neck. I feel two little deep puncture wounds and wince at the soreness.

“I know what you’re thinking,” I hear Aiden’s voice from behind me. I turn to look at him over my shoulder.

“Do you?” I say, seeming to have gotten my attitude back. “Do you know all the hell you put me through earlier?”

He raises an eyebrow, as if saying try me. He doesn’t hear my thoughts, does he? I shake off the thought/

“Do you know why the fuck I was so scared?” I shriek.

“Because you finally got it through your head to respect me?”

“NO! No one, in a long time, has ever made me feel like that, not since my cousin raped me when I was twelve years old!” I sob.

Jumping up, I stumble to the bathroom, a nervous wreck. Luckily, I make it to the toilet in time, and throw up. After my dinner from the night before is out of me, I dry heave for a few times until it ends. Ugh, that is so fucking gross.

Quickly, I grab my toothbrush and swab my mouth clean of the disgusting taste. As I spit out the rest of the toothpaste, I see Aiden’s figure outlining the frame of the bathroom door.

“Well, I always thought you looked like a whore,” he says indifferently. I spit the last of the toothpaste in the sink.

“THAT IS NOT FUCKING FUNNY!” I scream, feeling as if his words have slapped me in the face.

“Oh?”

“He fucking ruined my life,” I whisper. “I was just twelve and he was twenty-one…”

“Well,” Aiden interjects, “in that case, I should destroy him, because I need to be the only one who can ruin your life.”

I can’t figure out if he’s being sarcastic or not, and I really don’t care.

“Shut the fuck up, you fucking bastard.” With that, I leave the bathroom and head to my room to get changed.

Aiden ends up in front of my closet door before I can even try to open it. “Where do you think you’re going?”

“To get changed, now get out of my damn way!”

“I don’t think that’s the whole story,” he says, crossing his arms. “Where do you plan on going afterwards?” Apparently he does know my thoughts. Fuck it.

“To see my grandfather, and go home,” I state, placing my hand on my closet’s doorknob. Aiden grabs my skinny elbow.

“Do you know how many vampires roam the streets of your perfect little world? They’ll smell my scent off of you within a mile. You’d be putting yourself in more danger just by leaving this place.”

“I can take care of myself,” I reply angrily.

“Really? You can’t even protect yourself from a rapist, or me. All you’ve got is that mouth of yours. So what are you going to do? Talk to yourself out of getting killed? It’s time you realized this is the real world.”

Feeling completely helpless, I just watch him go on.

“You’ve heard of all those fictional characters that lurk in the shadows. They had to come from somewhere, did they not? You have no idea what really goes on out there. And you’re going to put your family, and everyone else you know, in danger just by going home. You’re better off where you are, now.”