It Only Gets Worse part 2

×Chapter One×

                “I’m afraid it’s too late for you, Felicity,” the angel says sorrowfully. I question him with a look.

                “You are condemned. Come, we must leave, now.”

                Aiden smirks again as the angels turn and calmly leave. They quickly retreat to their cars and drive away as I stare after them, dumbfounded.

                Shaking my head, I say, “You know, I just realized…where the hell are the highway patrol men?”

                Damion laughs.

                “Long story short—mind control,” Daemon explains with a glint in his eye. Then, I remember.

                “Hold up!” I exclaim. “Those ‘angels’ said there are demons, here, too; who are they?”

Damion laughs again, shaking his head. I look over at him incredulously.

“What, it’s you?

“Take a guess, Felicity. Me and Daemon.” Oh, hell! Now I am getting a little freaked out. I flinch away from them, only to back into Aiden, again. Why is he always behind me?

Fuck!” he yells. “Just—fucking stop…”

I roll my eyes. “Who’s a little ‘royally pissed off’?”

“Oh, shit,” he says. “I just remembered. We’re late for the goddamn meeting. You’re coming with me.” Aiden grabs my arm and begins dragging me back to his car.

“What the hell? I’m not just an object, you know. Let go!” I say and kick him as I hard as I can in the shins.

It has no effect on him, and he looks down at me, angrily. I gasp, right before he backhands me across the face. The blow is so hard I fall to the ground, seeing black.

                “Shit, Aiden,” I hear Nate say. “She has to be in good condition to go and see your father.”

                “Stop!” Aiden bellows.

                I open my eyes to see Nate backing away, instead of helping me up.

 “Ugh…” I say, holding my head in my hands. My cheek burns so much from Aiden’s blow, I wonder if it’s on fire for a second.

                Aiden jerks me up by both of my shoulders and throws me over his shoulder. It knocks the wind out of me, and I just collapse, giving up on trying to free myself from his hold.

                “We’re going to my palace. Chaise, drive my car back to the school.”

                “Alright,” I hear Chaise mumble as he catches Aiden’s keys. A car door slams and the motor starts; I listen calmly to tires screeching away. Surprisingly, I feel very calm and have no care about opening my eyes. I don’t know how the hell we plan on getting to Aiden’s palace since he gave his car away…and how are all the other guys going to get back to the school if they didn’t jump in the car with Chaise?

                Suddenly, I hear Aiden groan. “Would you shut the fuck up, Felicity?”

                Oh, that’s right. He can read my mind, now. Great.

                “I can read every human’s thoughts, just so you know.”

                “Well, now I do,” I sigh.