Don't Cry

after everyone was done socializing in the living room, you and Mandi decided to go get ready upstairs.

"so, how are you and Steven?" Mandi asks.

"well he asked me to be his girlfriend a few days ago," you smile.

"oh my gosh really?!" Mandi squeals, "that's awesome!!"

"i've just been so happy lately," you say, "ever since Steven came into the picture, i actually have something to be happy about."

"listen," Mandi sighs, "i know what you went through when you were younger was hard, but i think you finding Steven is kinda like the band-aid, to make you happy again."

when you were little, your parents got in a bad car accident and died. you were sent off to an orphanage which you hated. you left your siblings behind and ran away. you had put up with the orphanage until you were 16. you got a job, bought anapartment and lived a very poor lifestyle. Mandi worked at the same place you did, and soon enough you became the best of friends. you told Mandi everything. she was always worried that the orphanage was out on the look for you, since they could make a lot of money off of the older kids. but you were 21 now and things were a lot different. you didn't know where your siblings were because they were old enough now to be out of the orphanage. you had two younger siblings. Alex, who was 20. and Kaitlyn, who was 18. you missed them dearly but you were happier if you didn't have a reminder of the past.

"have you thought about telling Steven yet?" Mandi asks, as you two walk into the bathroom to work on your hair.

"no," you sigh, "i want to give it time."

"that's probably a good idea," Mandi says.

...

finally after finishing your hair, you went to the bedroom to put on the "dress" that Duff gave you. you looked in the mirror at yourself in your bra and underwear.

how could Steven possibly like me?

suddenly Steven opens the door to you only in your underclothes.

"oh my gosh!" you scream, using your arms to cover yourself up. you were embarrassed of your body, especially around Steven.

"babe," Steven closes the door behind him and walks over to you, "you don't need to be ashamed of yourself."

you blushed so hard.

"Steven..."

"yeah babe?" Steven says, coming closer to you.

"i, i,

you wanted to tell him exactly how you felt but you were too scared.

"i need to get ready," you sigh.

"oh okay," Steven sighs, "but first let me kiss you," he smiles.

"okay," you smile.

he wrapped his arms around you and placed his soft lips on yours. he pulled you so close and then picked you up and set you on the dresser. he trailed from your mouth to your neck. you let out a faint whimper. he pulled away and looked at you, right in the eye.

"i love you."

every emotion that's positive went sky high and your heart started beating faster than ever. you knew this was love, even if you had only started dating.

"i love you too," you whisper. then suddenly you start to cry, of happiness.

Steven wrapped you up in his arms and rested your head on his chest.