Nightrain

you watched from the side-stage as Vince pranced around the stage belting out the final notes of "Shout At The Devil".

"Alright!" Vince yelled into mic, "thanks for comin out tonight!"

the crowd went insane.

"this last one is a little something called 'Smokin' In The Boys Room'..."

Mick and Nikki looked over at each other and gave each other a head nod and the first notes of the song sounded.

Vince danced to the front of the stage and shouted, "WOOOO!" he smiled into the mic, "ya ever seem to have one of those days, where it just seems everyone is gettin on your case?  from your teacher all the way down to your best girlfriend?  well, ya know, i used to have 'em, just about all the time?  but i found a way to get out of it...LEMME TELL YA ABOUT IT!!"

the crowd went crazy.

"sittin' in the classroom, thinking it's a drag.  listening to the teacher rap, just ain't my bag.  well the noon bell rings, you know it's my cue.  i'm gonna meet the boys on floor number 2...SMOKIN IN THE BOYS ROOM"

the music poured into your soul as you cheered on the guys from the side-stage.  you had completely forgot about all of the problems going on in your life.  that's what music did to you.  it was some kind of therapy.  music is therapy.

Mick began the solo, glistening in sweat.  Tommy was jumping every time he hit a drum.  Nikki was smiling so hardcore.  Vince was twirling in every direction possible. this is Mötley Crüe.

by this time, the whole crowd was head banging to the ending notes of the song.  Nikki finished with the bass riff and BAM, the lights went out and the crowd was screaming.  the boys set down their instruments and ran off stage and began flooding you with hugs.

"you guys did amazing!!" you smiled while hugging the sh*t out of Tommy.

"thanks for being our main supporter, sis" Mick half smiled.

"yeah, thanks for being our number one fan!" Nikki said, coming over to you and hugging you, so that your feet came off the ground.

Vince stood back, but he was still smiling.

after Nikki let go, the guys went to the dressing room, all except Vince.

there you were, standing there with Vince, facing each other.

"thank you for everything, Ali," Vince smiled, obviously a little nervous.

"of course," you smiled shyly at the floor.

next thing you knew, there was arms wrapped around you.  Vince was giving you a hug.  you hugged back.  his grip was tight, but gentle at the same time.  it seemed to last forever, all until Tommy burst out of the dressing room.

"hey guys, gnr is coming over to our place for some beers in about an hour so we're gonna load up and head back," Tommy said, excitedly.

you ripped out of Vince's embrace, "sweet!! cant wait."

Tommy ran out of the back of the building with the keys to their vehicle.

Mick came out of the dressing room and asked you, "Ali, are you coming home with me since you rode here with me?"

"oh yeah, definitely," you reply.

"alright i'll be ready to go in five," Mick gives you a thumbs up and goes back into the dressing room.

you look at Vince and he's practically drooling while he's staring at you.  suddenly he snaps out of it when he sees that you noticed.

"oh! um," Vince stuttered, "i'm gonna help load up," and then he walked away.