Chapter 3

London's Point Of View-

       CQ, Winston and I follow after Jackie, who's running towards a light. In  my opinion it's a giant trap made by the Silencer, but hey. Who cares what the girl who actually knows about the paranormal says. I start to take deeper breaths as it seems we run longer than I know we did. "Is it only me or does it seem like we're chasing nothing?" Winston says as we run and CQ makes a noise of agreeing with him. Soon the light starts getting bigger and bigger.

        We stop once the light seems directly in front of us. "What is it?" CQ asks as she tries to shield her eyes from the brightness. "A light doofus!" Winston snickers and we both elbow him. "Question is-What's the light coming from and where's Jackie?" I say as I start moving into the light and the couple follows right behind me. The light fades to normal and I blink and rub my eyes.

      "It's....School?" I ask and turn around to the couple only to see they weren't there. I look down, ok a school uniform? Nope. I walk around looking around, the school looked completely abandoned except for me. A low whistle is soon heard and I tense automatically and start running the way I hope is away from the sound. A door flies open and I slam to a stop and hit my head on the door. "Sh*t that hurts." I groan and hold my head. I go into the classroom confused and see the bright light again. It was the way in, maybe it's the way out too. I run into it.

    CQ's Point Of View-

        The light turns to pitch black and I try to see if I can make out shapes. I move forward and trip over something. I run my hand over it, it was burning hot and I pull my hand away. Holding my hand to my chest I stand up and fall backwards but instead of waiting for pain it feels like I'm falling. I let out a scream as I fall the light appearing above or below me. I can't tell which way I'm moving. I try to grab something to stop myself but it looks like nothingness goes on forever.

    "Winston?!" I call out but despite my voice being hoarse from yelling it. The word left my mouth like a whisper. "Jackie?!" I whisper and it comes out like a scream and I wince. "London?!" I say normally and it echos, I only hope it actually reaches someone as the light comes closer to me. If I die, I'm dead. That sounded stupid. I then went through the light.

     Winston's Point Of View-

         "What the f*ck?!" I shout as all I see is fire. "CQ and London, you guys seeing this?" I ask as I turn around but no one was there. Maybe it was a portal into the after life. "Sh*t I'm in h*ll, I knew I should've kept my arrogance at a low level." I mutter. Or maybe it's just a dream. I stick  my hand in the fire and a string of very strong curse words leave my mouth as I pull my arm back and look at my hand that was burned 3rd degree.

       Trying to look around past the fire I see the portal. That's all I see in this whole scene of fire. "It's worth a shot" I mumble quietly and jump through the fire with pained groans and screams and reach the light falling into it as he squeezes his eyes shut tightly in the process.

   Jackie's Point Of View-

     It stood right before me. The Silencer. "What do you want from me?" I ask, annoyed because I think it's the one making me more violent. The Silencer didn't say anything nor did it move, not even an inch. It was like a blurred shadowy human figure, it was hard to tell what it was. "Well fine then." I state and turn around and shift a small wind and turn and let out a shriek. It was right behind me, it's eyes soulless and everything else unseen.

         I back up and blink and feel something on my shoulder. It was the Silencer's arm or hand or a body part. I felt drained and my fear peek up higher. I scream as a flickering goes through my mind and see the light behind the Silencer. I move from it's grip and jump into the light, better with the fate waiting for me in the light, then the one with the Silencer.

London's Point Of View-

     I groan as I open my eyes and put a hand to my forehead. The ground was hard and had a weird tickling feeling. Grass, it was grass! I sit up and look where the light was. It was just forest, like the light was never there. I glance around me and see Winston, Jackie, and CQ. "Guys wake up!" I say and sit up a bit disorientated. They all groan and take a few moments to collect themselves, just as I did. "Did you guys happen to have any strange things while you were in the light?" CQ asks and we all nod. "I saw fire, I thought I was in hell, it hurt and I burned trying to get to the light again." Winston says. "I saw our school, I ran into a door then went into the classroom and saw the light." I say.

    "I saw complete darkness, fell, and landed in the light." CQ says and we all look at Jackie. She looked panicked for a moment and rubbed the back of her neck. "I saw a river-and drown in it trying to swim to the light." She says and we all nod. She looked guilty, scared, and lying. I narrow my eyes at her and she looks away quickly.

I look around, it was just the forest, strangely it looked unfamiliar but we were just running, not really paying attention to anything. "What do you think that light was then?" Winston asks. I bit my lip, trying to think. "A hallucination- I mean this is 'Dead Man's forest' right?" I remind them and they all nod. "Something just seems off with every single thing we do." CQ says and I hum in agreement. "Jackie what do you think?" I ask and look at her and she seems to break under my gaze. "We're all forcing ourselves to think we saw something but we didn't." She says and everyone's eyes widen. Usually she would make a joke or give a less scientific answer.

      Something was off, very off. At the moment, Jackie was the most off about everything. And the others knew it. "Jackie are you sure you're alright? You seem guilty or lying." CQ says and Winston nods. "You get annoyed at me, but have never hurt me..." he says and Jackie takes in a breath, like she's trying to control herself. "It's just stress ok?!" She mutters and glowers at the ground.

      This whole thing needed to be figured out. Little did we all know, the Silencer was smarter than all of us combined.

A/N Woooo, this story is going well f I do say so myself! Anyway probably an update tomorrow, but if not expect one in the up coming days. Later fellow failures, love you!