Chapter 17

London's Point Of View-

               I watched as somehow CQ fell to the ground, a sound of pain going through her as she falls like someone had hit her. I rush over and look at her, shaming her shoulders gently before feeling someone or something Hit my head and my vision goes black.

I groan as I feel dizzy and it was way too bright for my eyes, even with them still closed. Wait-Bright? I open them and then hiss at the even more bright surroundings and close my eyes again. I let them stay closed it hurt too much. I was on something rough yet sort of soft. I go to say something but then soon realize there was chaos around me. People, doctors to be exact- poking at me, muttering to each other, turning stuff on. They were speaking so fast to each other all I heard was 'She's awake'. I let out a soft groan, just to confirm their thoughts. "London? Can you hear us?" Someone says, their voice was echoed but it was a girl and her voice was nothing like the Silencer's. Wait-"The Silencer." I Whisper and some confused wave goes over them. "That's what the others said too." Someone said. Others? CQ? Jackie? Winston?

"London can you see the light?" The same soft voice asks and something bright was shone in my still closed eyes and I wince. "Can you Open Your Eyes?" And after a few minutes of trying, they finally flutter open. "Where am I?" I Whisper, my voice was rough. Like it hadn't been used in awhile, it hurt like h*ll. "Ambulance ok the way to the hospital." The voice says. "I'm nurse Carrie." And I nod tiredly. "Where are my friends?" I ask, my voice was still rough, but not as bad. "CQ is on the way to the hospital as well. Jackie and Winston are already there." A deeper voice, a male said. I just tiredly nod and slowly fall back to sleep. I hadn't even bothered to ask what had even happened, but I'm sure they'll explain to me when I can actually not feel like I'm dying.

I soon woke up again, after that. My eyes took a moment to get used to the brightness but everything was blurry. I could hear 2 voice. The nurse Carrie? Yeah Carrie and CQ. My eyes meet the two figures, I hope. And I smile. "CQ?" I ask and I can hazily make out a bright smile that spreads across her lips. "London! We're ok! We're out!" She screams happily and I wince. She apologizes quickly but I stop her apologies. "What happened?" I ask as I rub my eyes, the blurriness gone. The nurse sighs softly. "She was just about to explain it to me." CQ says and I nod as I watch the nurse sit down.

"The police, they got a call 2 weeks ago, about 4 kids going missing. They investigated but didn't find anything...for a week. But after that it was weird, the wind would blow stronger than it has ever in this town, sometimes there would be laughter, a sad laughter. A hopeless kind..." the nurse trailed off for a
Moment and I knew the laughter must've been our happy moments in that h*ll forest. She continued.
"Other times there would be crying or screams of pain. Lots of curse words, it was always the same four voices, somehow they travelled around town. A little boy had heard someone talking about a forest. Police had already searched the Dallas forest but no one ever went into Dead Man's." She says.

          "That's when they realized it must've been coming from there, the police sent out a few people,they came back...a few DAYS later. They looked tired and sick. They quit. Police sent out so many till finally a guy came back claiming he had seen 4 bodies, but two of them were shaking. He had brought them over to the exit but collapsed in exhaustion and had rested there for awhile and then came and got people. A few others got the two and they soon realized it was Winston and Jackie." She says and I smile slightly. "It was strange, they had blood covering them, some fresh some older, most of it belonged to them, but there were no wounds on the bodies, a few scratches but not enough to cause that. Anyway...Found ya guys awhile later, the guys carrying ya accidentally hit your heads on the ground. Dang idiots." Carrie smiles softly.

       "Wait so what was wrong with us?" CQ asks the question I had been thinking. "Carrie shakes her head. You guys lost a bit of weight but not much so you weren't starved, you weren't in comatose state, or drugged. That forest has its legends and stories though. I wouldn't doubt that there's something there." Carrie says and gets up. "Anyway, I have to go help some elderly, get some rest." She says and waves the room. It was silent for a few moments. CQ speaks first. "There's something there, it messes with everyone that goes in." She whispers. "But how did all those police just seem tired and sick?" I ask and she sighs, she wasn't sure. "Maybe it's because adults always try and see past the obvious." A new voice answered, but it wasn't new. "WINSTON!" CQ screams happily and Winston moved over and smiled, hugging her tightly. CQ pulled away slightly and kissed him. I look over to see Jackie and we exchange tight hugs. After that Winston hugs me while Jackie hugs CQ.

       "Is it over?" I ask them. I wanted it to be over so bad. But I also had a feeling, it was far from over. "Maybe it's over for now?" Jackie questions. Winston was about to respond, before we all heard the chuckle. "You got out of my territory but I'm not out of your minds." The horrific Whisper surrounded us. I swallowed thickly. The feeling of it being around us was gone in a second and I bury my face in my hands. "It's after effects, that's what it is." CQ tries to convince us and herself. We all nod in agreement, but we all knew we weren't stupid.

A/N A lot happened in this chapter and I made it past 1000 words! Yay! Anyway If you check out my cover, I got third place in a contest. Might not seem like a big deal but it was for me.
Anyway 3 more chapters + and epilogue to go. I'm dragging it on just for you guys. I'm still debating if I should do a sequel. We'll see ;) anyway don't forget to vote, share and comment. Later fellow failures.