15 | time lapse (epilogue)

*** a/n; please do not comment any spoilers!!! <3 also, '5 years' (from chapter 14) has been changed to '4 years' do take note! 

Everything happens for a reason, Kim Taeyeon believes.

The sun sets every evening for the moon to breathe; auburn leaves are shed in November to make way for the incoming winter; the lone traveler spends his limited pennies on a steaming bun for the homeless man sitting by the curb at the end of the street, because it's a choice his heart makes.

Everything happens for a reason.

—❆ —

"Hurry!"

Tossing the nearly finished tube of BB cream back onto her vanity table, Taeyeon scurries to the built-in wardrobe mirror and gives herself a once-over. She's donned in a powder blue knee-length dress that hugs her in all the right places and allows ample space for her to breathe, the off-shoulder area decorated with baby blue silk and lace. Black, slightly curled hair falls past her shoulders and reach her waist, effectively covering her exposed shoulders.

Without warning, the bedroom door is flung open, almost off its hinges, as Sunny rushes in with hands on her hips.

"We're going to be late."

"Okay okay!" Taeyeon shouts before slamming the wardrobe door shut and link her arms with Sunny's, the pair getting into Taeyeon's car.

Sunny doesn't need to be told, her hands scrambling to fasten her seatbelt before Taeyeon guns the engine. Despite knowing that her friend is a skilled driver, Sunny can't help but squeal at the moments where Taeyeon turns a sharp turn without slowing down, the car skidding across the road with protesting tyres.

Thanks to Taeyeon's skills, they reach the venue early and there is even ample time to roam about before the ceremony starts. Handing her car over to the valet parker, Taeyeon enters the hotel through the huge rotating glass doors with Sunny right behind her.

She must have looked tense, shoulders bunched up and eyebrows slightly furrowed, for Sunny reaches out to place a hand on the small of her back.

"You alright?"

Taeyeon hums a response absentmindedly, gaze landing on the receptionist counter. "I'm fine. Just... Nervous."

"You're not even the one getting married." Sunny scoffs in an attempt to lighten the mood. She succeeds, earning a punch to the shoulder from Taeyeon as they make their way to the counter for registration.

The lobby is buzzing with activity and Taeyeon recognizes more than just a few familiar faces. Majority of the wedding invitation recipients are in the entertainment industry, and Taeyeon isn't surprised to see reporters crowding at the entrance. Thankfully, they are respectful enough to keep their distance.

There is a short queue at the counter that is located right next to the ballroom. As Taeyeon stands in line, she catches a whiff of mint citrus. It hits her with a jolt, the scent so very familiar.

"... Yeokwoo?"

The guy standing in front of her turns on instinct, a large grin spreading across his face as his eyes sparkle in recognition. An envelope similar to the one she's holding is clutched in his hands.