13 | one last time

The airport's arrival hall is filled with ceaseless chatters that are occasionally broken apart by loud, commanding instructions

The airport's arrival hall is filled with ceaseless chatters that are occasionally broken apart by loud, commanding instructions. Everyone, especially the SM artistes, are incredibly excited for the long awaited trip to the small, quaint town that's barely known to public — Soseol. The company will be here for a 3-days-2-nights workshop, one that includes team bonding games and briefings about SM's future plans. 

Wheeling a luggage that's nearly half her size, Taeyeon has her phone in her free hand and is currently recording the crazy antics her members are on. The girl group leader bursts out laughing when Sunny smacks Tiffany's butt as soon as she spotted the latter trying to queue for the freshly made baguette discreetly when they have to set off right now. 

It takes no more than half an hour to reach the villa that's familiar only to Taeyeon. Leaving her members to bicker among themselves, she looks around, taking in the endearing sight of waves sparkling under the radiant sunlight and washing seashells ashore. For a moment, Taeyeon allows herself to be lost in the haze of watching damp imprints left by the strong currents, dragging and withdrawing every few seconds, her gaze unconsciously trained on the spot she recalls standing on with Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun.

His name doesn't jolt her like it should. She doesn't take a sharp inhale as expected. Over the past few months, Taeyeon has come to accept the fact that Baekhyun is already ingrained so deep in her mind, and he doesn't really go away no matter how much she wished or begged. His scent, his warm comforting shoulders, his eyes that speak of a story only she, Kim Taeyeon, is allowed to read. 

As soon as the realization settled in, Taeyeon had simply moved on. The idea of burying herself in work isn't as awful as it sounds, and it definitely did work to a large extent. Other than opting out from the duet, because she simply cannot sing the song if it's not Baekhyun with her, she accepted projects she didn't think she would even consider. The thoughts of Baekhyun still come every once in awhile, especially on days she wished she had a shoulder to lean on or just someone she could spill her troubles to, but Taeyeon copes with it. 

She tries to tell herself, everyday, every single moment, that at least he's still there. Albeit sometimes he is 2 countries away, 13 hours apart, or standing on the same stage yet a thousand miles put between them, at least he's still here

—❆ —

The first team bonding game is announced, and it garners a chorus of groans rightaway.

Dodgeball. Taeyeon hates dodgeball.

She isn't particularly sporty to begin with, and the nickname 'paper human' has been stuck with her for the longest of time not without a valid reason. Taeyeon doubts she can even move around without getting trampled by the crowd.