Loving My Best Friend?! Uhhhh - Chapter 7

I laid on my bed thinking of the past. Not about that day, but before our whole mess. But before I even had a crush on Anthony, the simpler days. I smiled to myself as I remembered all our precious moments. I glanced at the clock, 9:57 p.m.

Getting out of bed I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower. Although I felt excited I didn't want him to know that. So I put on my favorite blue jeans with my Texas Longhorn's shirt. I placed my long hair in a ponytail. Glancing at the clock, 10: 23 p.m., I walked out the door.

My mom was already asleep, I could hear her snoring in the hall way. I didn't bother turning any lights on, only the front porch one so I could see later. I climbed in my car and felt the jitters mess with my focus. I put the car in reverse, not looking back first. I heard a sudden scowl from a man.

I jumped out to see a very attractive young man standing behind my car. His face angry, suddenly went blank when he saw me.

"I'm so sorry" I stuttered.

"I'm fine, it's not your fault. I kind of came out from no where." he said. His voice was so strong and husky and so velvety.

I felt a weird yet familiar tingle rise and give me goosebumps. I shook my head.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" I asked stupidly.

"You can tell me your name" he said seductively.

I blushed "Natalie"

"I'm Jesse," he said smiling.

Dimples formed with his slightest expression. His hair looked like a golden brown in the dark, skin tan, and very muscular.

"It was nice meeting you Jesse, but I must go now. A friend is waiting for me." I said almost sadly.

He nodded "See you later then."

He walked off into the night and I followed him with my eyes. He drew a sertain spark in my chest that I couldn't explain. I climbed back in my car and hurried down to the cafe, Jesse's strong yet fragile face floating in my head.

When I parked, I saw Anthony sitting by the window glancing at his watch. His head flew up when he heard me coming.

"I thought you weren't going to come." he said.

"I bumped into someone on the way." I admitted.

He nodded and tried grabbing hand. I flinched at his touch. His touch felt like a stab. He sighed.

"I want you to know everything Natalie. It'll make things easier." he began " When I first meet Vera, I was half way drunk and we both started to drink. You didn't want to, you don't like it's taste. Remember?"

I nodded slightly remembering that afternoon.

"When you left, things got a little heavier and we had sex."

I slid my hand away from under his.

"I didn't think about it, and just when I thought I had you...Vera goes to the clinic and discovers she's pregnant. I wanted to tell you but I couldn't."

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because hearing your voice would have instantly made me change my mind about marrying her."

I looked up at him and I wanted to believe him. Almost every part of me screamed for him.

"I came back Anthony." I pointed out.

"Too late to go back though" he added. "Natalie, Nat. I still love you. She knows it and that's why she doesn't even talk to you."

"After all of this time, why till now do you decide to tell me Anthony?"