War

~6 months later~

Poseidon

This was happening all over again. Just like it had done for millennia. I would sit here, not paying any attention even though I'm one of the most important Gods there are. The discussions have now been complete and the Gods talk about there individual issues. Normally it's Apollo arguing about his sister. Or Hera screaming at Zeus. But today is different and everybody in the room knows it. Athena has stood up. Which means that she's declaring a battle cry, most likely against one of us.

Athena

I can sense the tension in the room as I stand up. They already know to be prepared against something. I wait for them to stop telepathically trying to figure out what it is I am going to say. What they don't realise is that I am not one for war, and just requesting something.

'This is not a battle cry, but a request to claim the city that is the capital of Greece.'

They all started murmuring. They knew what it was like to claim a city from the mortal world and shower them with appreciation. But being me, I was always looking for the perfect city, so I chose the heart of the world, Greece.

Poseidon

I was bored. I had no company. Zeus had his wifes and children. Hades had Persephone. Maybe I would try to fight her just so I could be more occupied. It would also surprise them all. I guess that would be fun. And irritating for Athena.

'I challenge you to fight against me for that city.'

And she agreed. But the others were not so happy.

Zeus

'Poseidon, why? You know what she is like. The both of you will tear up the mortal world.'

More gods nodded. But they weren't listening. They were too busy glaring at each other and I could sense them arguing through their minds.

Neither of them were going to give up.

I created to lighting bolts and I could feel all my energy going into them. I let go but in that moment, they were gone. The bolts whizzed past Hades, who was in conversation with Persephone. That was a terrible mistake. This meeting would go out of control now.