Dreams or Reality?

Amphititre
'You have to marry me.'

What? Did I just hear that right? Marry the great God of the Sea? But I guess I'd do anything to get Thetis back.

'I agree.'

This was just a deal. I didn't really love him, right? Sure, everyone dreams of marrying a god, but still. Why am I so unsure?

He said that Thetis would arrive soon. And that the marriage arrangements would begin soon.

I'd live a comfortable life and be happy with someone who cares. But I only just met Poseidon. Was he doing this so that he had absolute control over the throne? For the power?

Poseidon
Fated love is Fated. There is nothing you can do about it. So we'd fall in love anyways. Getting married to her would help Hades as well. Persephone and Amphititre are good friends. And she was quite a kind person as well.

Wait, am I actually falling for her?

Amphititre
Thetis arrived soon after Poseidon left and while we waited for the rest of the family I took her to my room. And I told her I was getting married to Poseidon. That's when chaos erupted.

'When did he ask? Where will the wedding be? Who will be there? Will you be his queen? What about...'

I blocked her out for a second. The look in Poseidon's eyes weren't fake. He meant it.

Ami. Ami. Hello?'

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Thetis began to look worried. How quickly can her mood change?

'You'll be immortal when you marry him. I'll die one day but you won't. You never will. What will happen once- once we've all gone?'

I hadn't thought about it. I couldn't lose Thetis again. Or anyone else. What is going to happen?

Poseidon
Olympus. The 'marvellous' place I'm meant to call home. I didn't have much of a liking to it. It was far too glamorous. And too Zeus-y.

When was the last time I visited on my own will? I think I can still count how many times I've visited.

I walked into the main throne room, where each major God had an area to themselves that was personalised. My throne, which was nearly always empty, had waves  on them and there was a place for my trident as well. It was usually empty and I think my space seemed to be gathering dust.

Tomorrow was the day of the council. Six months since we last had one. However, I would be staying overnight here and then we'd have the meeting. Today though, I'd make an announcement.

I wanted to put what happens next in a new chapter so that is why this is quite short. Vote and comment if you like it!