The Secret of the Coral Reef

Poseidon
I began to lead her into the coral, making sure that as many fish swam along her as possible. I knew she loved interacting with them. She would be a great queen.

After a while, we got to a large cave inside the reef. It was where the original meeting room was from the first few years of my ruling. Generations of creatures lived here. I transformed to a merman form so that I could open the door for her. Jealously rolled off her; she wanted to be able to change into anything.

Amphitrite gasped when she entered. The hall was a home for thousands of creatures. Every reef was a shelter from predators. Sunlight poured through windows onto plants that grew everywhere; the walls, along the floor, and even on the ceiling.

Then, exactly when I wanted, all of the inhabitants came around us.

Amphititre
Poseidon pulled out a box from somewhere and opened it. Inside was a promise ring. and it was definitely the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Promise rings were given between marriages in rings as a promise that they would always love each other.

Next to it was a necklace with the image of a coral reef. He told me that everywhere he took me, he'd give me a new necklace. His ideas were amazing.

I wonder who helped him. Possibly Aphrodite, she is the goddess of love. Or Hera, she was both a sister to Poseidon and possibly an expert?

I spent the rest of the time I had exploring the reef and before long we were back in the palace. People were arriving now.

I got back to my room to find my parents there. Clearly all fifty of my sisters wouldn't fit in there.

They congratulated me, saying they were glad I was marrying someone like Poseidon. They left quickly, to meet someone I think.

The next morning
I woke up to Lyra screaming at me saying that we needed to hurry up. Then it hit me, I was marrying the god of the sea today.

She and a couple of other girls helped me into my dress while my mother talked to me. It was taking quite a long time to do my hair and makeup.

Once I was ready, I made my way to the big double doors to the hall. Everyone was inside now.

I'm going to do something wrong. What if I trip or something else happens? I stood there, stressed, waiting for my cue to enter.

Here's another chapter for you! I hope you liked it.