Settling In

-Jack's Point of View-

The whole situation was just.....awkward. While trying to figure out where everyone was going to sleep last night, Mark finally just decided to blow up the old air mattress and set it down next to his bed. Bob crashed on the couch, Wade in the guest bedroom, and Mark on the air mattress. I felt so awkward, sleeping in a bed without him there, but at least his bed still smelled like him. Chica had curled up on Mark's chest something last night and I awoke to her licking my face curiously as if to ask, "Why are you in my human's bed and why is my human in the floor?"

I pat Chica on the head and sling my legs over the edge of the bed to look at Mark, sprawled out on the floor next to his disheveled air mattress with blankets tangled around him haphazardly. Mark was snoring and had his mouth wide open, amplifying the sound throughout the room. He was laying on his back, limbs and blankets thrown in a messy pattern across the floor. His blank, innocent features made me feel the urge to kiss him, but I didn't want to disturb him this early in the morning.

I checked the clock and it read 7:37 a.m. I yawned and looked at Chica as she wagged her tail and stuck her tongue out.

"What?," I whispered at her. She responded by tilting her head slightly and looking confused. As soon as my feet hit the floor to drag myself out of bed, Chica jumped down and clumsily slid into Mark, making him stir.

She must've learned her clumsiness from the best. I chuckled a little as I watch her lick at Mark's face apologetically. This caused Mark's beautiful eyelashes to flutter open lazily. His chocolate eyes scanned the room and made my heart skip a beat when they connected with mine. I could feel a blush drag its way into my cheeks as his strong arms pushed him up and he took hold of Chica, petting her and hugging her. He made kissy faces at her and then she left, trotting out the cracked door and gracefully scooting down the stairs. Mark ran his hands through his disheveled hair, looking at me curiously.

"Did I....fall off the air mattress?," he asked with the gravely, low morning voice that I knew and loved.

"Apparently so," I said back to him at barely above a whisper. I didn't want to wake Bob or Wade, knowing that they were probably still asleep.

Mark stood, blankets slowly getting untangled from his body as he scratched the back of his neck. I watched the muscles in his torso, seeing as he had slept without a shirt on because he'd gotten hot last night. I admired him as he stretched his arms way above his head, flexing all his muscles and yawning largely. When he was done, he walked over and sat next to me on the bed.

"How'd you sleep?," he asked, sleep still pulling at his voice. It was attractive the way that he talked in the morning. I crawled back under the covers, still sitting up and leaning my back on the headboard.

"I slept alright. Not as good as I have been, but I guess that's because I didn't have you up here with me," I said, awkwardly picking at my nails.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I just don't know when the right time to tell Bob and Wade would be," Mark said, rubbing the back of his neck again.

"Tell me what?," I voice came from the door. Wade pushed the door open and Chica flew up onto the bed with us.

"Oh just that me and Jack are secret lovers," Mark said in a joking voice. Wade laughed and then turned to go back down the stairs.

"Your dog woke us up. Breakfast will be ready soon," Wade says,walking down the stairs.

"If only he knew there was truth to that," I say, laughing a little at the heart wrenching moment that had just occurred.

"Eh, he will in time," Mark said,pushing himself up and lending me a hand at getting out of bed. Mark threw a sweatshirt on and grabbed a leash to walk Chica. I stumbled down the stairs, not really feeling like eating, but deciding to join the morning routine, seeing as Bob and Wade were making coffee.