Energy Deficiency

-Jack's Point of View-

I wake up, but I postpone the fact that I have to open my eyes eventually. I roll over, desperately trying to get comfortable enough to sleep again. When I realize that my efforts of regaining slumber are futile, I blink my eyes open. The light burned my eyes as I squinted and blinked profusely. I rubbed my eyes, getting the sleep out of the corners, and opened them once again, taking in the sight of my room. Natural light poured through my windows and made the bathroom light insignificant. I pull my phone out from under my pillow by the charger chord, checking any messages I had. Bob had texted me back right after I'd fallen asleep saying "Wait, why are you awake right now? It's like 3 or 4 in the morning there. Go to bed!" I smiled at his concern for me. I click the button on the side of my phone to lock it and I unplug it. It lights back up, showing me that it was 9:07. I groan as I realize that I should probably get up and start getting ready to record. As of right now, I was two days ahead of myself in recording, meaning that what I recorded two days ago went up today. And what I record today will go up two days from now. Now that I wasn't editing my own videos, I figured that staying two days ahead would allow me to still get tips from fans on the games that I play and also keeps me from being so rushed to make new videos to put up. If I was rushed, I didn't like the quality of the videos as much and I always got really stressed out about making videos. On a day like today, I was glad to be two days ahead of myself, simply because I knew that I could take my time.

I sat up slowly, yawning in the process. I stretched my arms up to the ceiling, still yawning. I shove my sheets and comforters to the side, slinging my feet off the edge of the bed. I push myself up and walk across the room to my closet. I grab a pair of blue jeans and a solid grey, v-neck t-shirt. I walk to the bathroom, finding my beanie and bracelets from yesterday. I'd probably style my hair today, so I wouldn't need the beanie, but I'd wear the same bracelets. I close the toilet lid, setting my clothes on it as I get undressed and take a shower.

After stepping out of the shower, I towel-dried myself and my hair. I got dressed, brushed my teeth and styled my hair by putting hair gel in it, styling it to the side and messing it up ever-so-slightly. I looked at myself in the mirror, smiling at my reflection. I suddenly noticed my lack of energy, which was strange. Normally, I was super energetic and eager to start recording, but today I felt a tinge of dread. 'I must just be having a bad day', I say to myself. I thought about what videos I was going to make today. Last night, I was contemplating a "Reading Your Comments" video, but now with my lack of energy, I didn't want to risk worrying the community. I needed something that required a lower energy level.

I kept the videos in my thoughts as I walked down the stairs to retrieve some breakfast of mine. My shoes made a squeaky sound as I walked down the wooden stairs. The sound was slightly altered when I walked across the tile to my refrigerator. I got another red delicious apple about of the fridge, not really feeling up to cooking bacon or eggs. I walked back upstairs, realizing that I'd left my phone on the bed. I walked back into my bedroom and picked my phone up off the bed before sitting down at my computer. I turned my computer on and looked through the comments on my most recent video, feeling numb as I read tips and feeling a slight bit discouraged as I read everyone who'd decided to write nasty comments because I'd messed up in a certain part of the game.

I stopped reading through my comments, seeing as it was only putting me in a worse mood than before. I decided to play Dark Souls 3, as I often did in my free time, putting off the video for a small bit until I could get my energy up. I realized that if I waited until a proper hour, I could record Overwatch with Bob, and having another person there might lift a bit of the load off of me. But, if he realized what a lack of energy that I have, he'd probably be worried.

Knowing that I'd get my energy back by tomorrow, I tried to decide which videos took the least energy for me. I'd do the "Reading Your Comments" video tomorrow, so maybe I'd just play twenty minutes of Game Dev Tycoon and then play Overwatch with Bob. I played Dark Souls 3 for a few hours, getting angry every time that I died (which was quite often), and when I felt that I had procrastinated the video enough, I set up for a recording. I went through my everyday process of turning on the camera and the mic, sinking everything up and staring the video with a high five and a "Top of the morning to ya, laddies, my name's jacksepticeye and welcome to..."