Kiss the Girl

"Go on and kiss the girl"

"So you have to kiss Ryder?" Clary smirked as I pulled on my cream pea coat and shouldered my bag Wednesday afternoon. "Like.... full on?" 

"It's for a drama and English mark Clar." I sighed "It's gonna be as awkward as hell but you know.... gotta do what you gotta do."  

"God." Clary said "You do realize that every girl in the whole school is going to be insanely jealous of you right?" I let out a loud groan as I spotted Ryder and Kyle making their way down the hallway towards me. 

"This is going to suck." I groaned. "Kill me now I cannot do this! I live with Ryder after we kiss I swear every time I look at the guy I'm gonna be thinking in my stupid head 'kiss, kissy, kiss, kiss.' That's it! God I hate--" 

"Nessa." Clary giggled putting her hands on my shoulders to calm to me down "Chill out, it'll be fine okay?" 

I sighed as Ryder and Kyle reached us and turned to them "Ready?" I asked. 

"Fi's meeting us at my house." Kyle explained "She just has to run to her house and grab the costumes--She forgot them." 

I nodded my head and looked at Ryder "Do you know your lines?" 

"Yup." He said. 

Damn I said in my head, I was half hoping he wouldn't. "Great." I said awkwardly "'Cause you know.... if you don't want to do this I would be fine if you wanted to back out I mean--" 

"Lennon." Ryder chuckled "We're doing this, pucker up sweetheart." 

I made a face at him and turned to see Kyle looking at Ryder slightly smugly "We should get going." He said before sending me a quick wink causing me to be slightly taken aback.... had I imagined it? 

"Lets go." Ryder said and when I looked up at him I saw him glaring pointedly at Kyle making me even more confused what was happening exactly? He quickly gestured to my bag "Want me to carry that?" 

I glanced down at my bag then looked up at him puzzled "I'm fine..." I said slowly "Let's just go." 

We walked in a line to the doors and out of the school towards the parking lot before Kyle and Ryder finally stopped in front of a silver volvo and got in, I climbed into the back seat and we rode for a few minutes in a beyond awkward silence with a thick layer of tension. 

"So...." I began to say unable to stand the silence any longer "We're going to Kyle's house?" 

"Yeah." Kyle said from the driving seat "It's pretty big and definitely has the setting of a Romeo and Juliet vibe I guess." 

"That's good....." Kyle nods grinning at me in the rear view mirror and immediately I felt my face go beet red.

Ryder sighed loudly before turning his head to the window and I tap him on the shoulder "You okay?" I asked. 

"Just peachy." Ryder hissed catching me off guard. 

I shrank back in my seat and leaned my head against the window and we drove the rest of the way in silence. Something was definitely off with all three of us but I just didn't know what, Ryder had never acted this.... neither has Kyle and honestly it was freaking me out. 

"Here we are." Kyle finally spoke up as he parked in front of a large estate right on the edge of town, I looked down to the street name and saw that it was only maybe five minutes from my house. 

"Let's go to the back." Ryder said as he stepped out. 

I joined him and whispered to him "You sure you're okay?"