Pompeii

"But if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothings changed at all" 

"So let me get this straight." Summer called to me from her bedroom where she was currently getting dressed for a night out. "He comes back, you freak out even though I remember you specifically told me you were over him, he says he'll be back tonight hoping you can give him a second chance and... then what?" 

"The he caught a cab and left." I said shrugging my shoulders as I put earrings into my delicate ears "But... god I don't know if I should give him a second chance I mean, he broke my heart and now he's back right when I was starting to get over him and--" 

"Let's be honest Ness." Summer said her voice now coming from my 'doorway'. I turned my head to look at her with a raised eyebrow "You were never really over him." 

I let out a loud groan as I fell onto my bed and stared up at the ceiling above me "He was my first boyfriend, camp doesn't count. How can you get over someone like that?" 

Summer shrugged her shoulders "It's easy if the guy turned into a downright douche bag." She mumbled sitting down beside me. "Maybe it's a sign Ness, that Ressa is just too good to throw away you know?" 

"Summer we're complete opposites." 

"So?" She asked with a smile "Look at me and you, we're total opposites, Clary and Jared are... look how adorable they are together? Just because you two are opposites doesn't mean you can work it out and--" 

"Summer." I said cutting her off. 

She stopped mid sentence and looked at me before letting out a long sigh "Sorry." 

I shrugged my shoulders before standing up and quickly walking over to my full length mirror and examined myself and what I was wearing for the evening. It was a cute red sleeveless mesh dress that had a see through black fabric around the neck and then a perfect red fabric from my bust to a little above my knees. 

"You think this looks good?" I asked spinning back around to Summer who was busy flipping through one of my magazines. She glanced up and a smile formed on her lips. 

"You look perfect Ness, now what time are Shae and Cla--" 

Before Summer could finish her sentence however there was a knock at our door causing us both to jump. "You think that's...?" I trailed off before Summer let out a loud squeal. 

We both practically sprinted out of my room as we raced towards the infamous barn door and when we opened it up we were greeted with the smiling faces of my two best friends. 

"Oh my gosh!" Clary squealed as she pulled me in for a nearly bone crushing hug "God I've missed you so much skyping is just not the same I haven't seen you since what a month go?" 

"Longer then that!" I said "Remember I couldn't make it home for Thanksgiving, it was before Halloween I think..." 

"Oh dear god." Clary sighed pulling me in for another hug "Gotta make this one count then." 

I laughed as we pulled apart and moved on to Shae. "God I missed the two of you like crazy. I have so much to show you in the city, Shae you've barely scraped the surface seeing as you've only managed to visit like 4 times there's so much more and--" 

"Nessa." Summer giggled "Let them take off their coats first it's freezing out there." 

"True that." Shae said with a laugh as she took of her hunter green peacoat reveling a cute royal blue dress that matched her printed heart tights and ankle boots. "It's official though, when I graduate from RISD I'm moving out here I love the shopping."