Long Live

*IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE AT END PLZ PLZ PLZ READ AND VOICE YOUR THOUGHTSS!!!* 

Also credit to writers of Twilight Eclipse, for PART of Clary's speech

_________________________________________________________

"Long Live the walls we crashed through I had the time of my life... with you" 

"And now ladies and gentlemen." The principal's voice called out throughout the whole gymnasium to the audience of parents and relatives as he glanced over to us. "We have word from our valedictorian." 

I grinned over at Clary squeezing her hand before she walked over to the podium and took the place to speak. "I was chosen, to be valedictorian literally 2 days ago." She began causing all of us to laugh "So naturally, my big memorable speech won't be that good but bear with me. When we were 5, we were asked what we wanted to be when we were older--some said astronaut, ballerina, princess... then we were asked again when we were ten, the answers were rock star, athlete, gold medalist. They ask us again now and they want a serious answer--but. Who the hell knows? This isn't the time to make serious choices this is the time to make mistakes, and live while we're young, fall in love alot. And make lifelong friends. All of us are parting ways in the fall, some to university, college, some are taking a year off... But I can safely say that we will always be remembered and right here in Willows Crest will always be our home. We will remember Founders Day, prom... and this day, right here because this is the day when we graduated high school and our lives can really begin. This is the first step into our lives as individuals and I think I can speak for all of us when I say... I couldn't be happier that I'm spending it will all of you so may I just say Long Live the Graduates of 2014" 

Everyone erupted into cheers as Clary backed away awkwardly from the podium and our principal stepped back up. "May I now introduce." He said as Ryder reached over for my hand and gripped it tight. "The graduating class of 2014!" 

A pool of red hats were thrown up into the air as I felt myself getting lifted up and swung around by Ryder. "We did it!" He cheered "We're graduates!" 

I squealed as Shae, Clary, Jared, Lucas and Summer sprinted over and we piled in for a huge group bear hug that I'm pretty sure crushed my bones but... I didn't care. I had never felt so at home and safer then I did right now with the people that I loved most. 

"Grad party time!" I yelled as we broke away. 

We had agreed to have a graduation party at my house and (for once) my dad agreed. But before we took another step Ryder pulled me in for a long and comforting kiss. When we broke apart I grinned at up as I wrapped my arms around his neck. 

"I'm so happy right now." I gushed. 

"I am too." He grinned back "C'mon though, we have a party to attend to." 

I laughed as he grabbed my hand and pulled me off of the gymnasium platform and towards where all the parents and relatives of our fellow graduates were waiting. 

"Grandma!" I squealed breaking away from Ryder and sprinting towards my Grandma Edith, my mom's mother who flew in from Florida this morning. 

"Oh hi baby!" She said as she pulled me in for a hug "Congratulations I'm so proud of you!" 

"Thanks." I laughed as we pulled away "When did you get here?" 

"Oh I managed to slip in before the ceremony began, where's Clary? I want to tell her how great that speech was and--" 

"Ladies." Dad said as he turned back to us with his phone in his hand, telling me that even my own graduation isn't as important to him as his job. "I have to go, there's an emergency at the town hall."