Party All the Time

"My girl likes to party all the time, party all the time" 

"I still can't believe you didn't win." Shae pouted as she waited outside one of our changing areas so I could slip out of my long gown and into something a little more comfortable to dance in, it was a simple peach lace dress. I had dug around in my closet a few days ago for it and found it from a year ago at my cousins wedding, I really didn't want to spend the rest of the night in that long dress. 

"It's fine Shae." I said with a roll of my eyes as I slipped into a more comfortable peach lace dress that I had worn to my cousins wedding a while ago. "Zip me up while you?" I added as I came out of the changing room and spun around. 

"I know it's just..." Shae sighed as she zipped the back up slowly "I was just so sure you would win, the mayor adores you, both our parents were organizing this thing--" 

"If I was going to win just by knowing people then I don't want to win." I explained as I spun back around and faced her "I didn't even really want to win in the first place, I just did it to make my dad happy." 

Shae nodded but she crossed her arms over her dress and smirked at me "Now, for the series matter." She said and I groaned loudly. 

"What?" I whined. 

"Now, don't you even try to deny this--That whole time you and Ryder were dancing to that, very romantic song may I add. Neither of you took your eyes off of each other, care to explain?" 

I shrugged my shoulders as I slipped into my shoes "Ryder thought it would look more sentimental this way, since the songs so sappy and beautiful." 

"Mhm." Shae mumbled "Keep telling yourself that princess." 

I laughed rolling my eyes before I grabbed Shae's arm and pulled her out of the changing rooms which were making me nauseous with the amount of hairspray in there and pulled her into the banquet hall which was currently serving as only one of the party rooms. 

Luckily, the mayor was smart. Since the country club had 2 banquet rooms he allowed the adults and their kids to have one room with the more classic and traditional party and then the other one on the other side of the building for the teenagers which, was a brilliant move. 

Shae and I scanned the crowd for Clary who was currently working for only another hour or so before she would get to spend the rest of the night with us and Rhi was probably in the other room, partying. 

"Do you see her?" I asked as I stood on my toes to look, Shae shook her head and I sighed and continued to look around for Clary's familiar red hair. "Would she have--" 

"Vanessa!" My dad's stern voice cut me off from behind me. 

"Oh no." I mumbled looking at Shae to see her eyes widened in fear. 

I slowly turned around to see the sight of my dad storming towards me. "May I talk to you for a minute?" He said calm and cold and I immediately knew I was in trouble. When dad is in his calm angry faze it's usually horrible he's normally at a scale of 20/10 of anger... Ergo, not good. 

"Um s-sure." I said. 

He grabbed my arm and led me back into the private changing rooms and slammed the door behind him "Music? Music as you're hobby? Vanessa how dare you humiliate me like that! No one in this town cares about god damned music that's why you didn't win you idiot because of music!" 

"You're lying!" I shouted back "This town loves music dad! And... and I do too! I don't care about politics or being a lawyer or any of that crap! I want to be something in music. Don't you see that? Haven't you ever entered my room and seen all of my Beatles or Queen records? Or my bookshelf full of all my CD's or my walls of posters? No you haven't and you know why? Because you're never around can't you see how much that pisses me off--"