chapter 8:

"Esmeralda, sweetie, you need to wake up.  You forgot to set an alarm last night." Jared said shaking me lightly.

I turned over and smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Okay, thanks for waking me." I said still slightly asleep.  Jared walked out of my room closing the door behind him.

I brought my hand up and rubbed my eyes.  I suddenly remembered that I still had Jasmine's hoodie on.  I'll have to give it back to her at some point.

I rolled out of bed and made my way to my bathroom.  I took a quick shower and threw my hair up in a bun like always.

I wrapped a towel around myself and walked out of my bathroom and over to my closet.

I started rummaging through the closet.  I found my sweater with a giraffe on it and put it on over a black tank top, I paired it with a pair of black skinny jeans and black converse.

I decided to just leave my hair up in the bun and walked back into my bathroom to do my make up.

"Esme, hurry up we're leaving in ten minutes, come down and get something to eat!" Gen yelled from the bottom floor just as I finished my makeup.

I made my way out of the room and down the stairs and into the kitchen where I saw Gen, and Jared sitting with all of the little ones.

"Hey, sweetie." Gen said wrapping one of her arms around me in a half hug thing.

"Mornin'"

I walked over to the cabinets and got a bowl of Coco pebbles and sat down next to Shep.

"Hi, Sissy!" He said loudly before hugging me.

"Hey, buddy." I said hugging him back.

"I like your shirt.  It's soft and giraffes are my favorite animal.  And you're my favorite person."

"Thanks." I said smiling widely at him.

"Mommy, I want one like that!"

"Sure thing, baby." Gen said almost not paying attention as she delt with a crying Odetta.

I finished my cereal and set it in the sink.

"Guys, c'mon, it's turn to leave." Jared said and the boys ran over to him.

"Wait, don't I need a backpack and stuff for school?" I said suddenly realizing that.

"Already thought a head." Jared said pulling a backpack from out of nowhere.

"Oh, cool.  Well I gotta go grab something from my room real quick." I said before running up to my room.

I grabbed my phone, earbuds, and Jasmine's hoodie, before going back downstairs.

I saw Jared standing with the boys near the garage door.

"Alright, let's go." He said and led the boys out and I followed close behind.

We got the boys in their booster seats and I hopped in the passenger seat and Jared started driving.

"Essy, will you walk in with us!" Thomas asked as we packed in front of their preschool or whatever it was.

"I don't know, I've got to head to my school."

"Please!" They both yelled in unison.

I looked over at Jared and he shrugged his shoulder and smiled.

I climbed out of the car and followed behind them into the building.

"Come here and meet our friends!" Shep said and grabbed my hand pulling my behind him.