chapter 16

hey guys, just a disclaimer if this chapter sucks uh I've never been to prom or any school dance (yay homeschooling) so I'm just kinda going off what my sister told me and TV shows so yeahhh
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ahhh, you look so cute!" Gen said excitedly as I carefully walked down the stairs in my heels.

"It'll be even cuter if I don't fall." I said making it to the bottom and standing in front of Gen and Jared.

"So are you excited?"

"Yeah, Jaz is gonna be here any minute!" I said excitedly. "Do you think she'll like my dress?"

"She'll love it, calm down." Jared said and reached out his hand to ruffle my hair but I caught it just a bit above my head.

"Do you know how long it took to get my hair like this?"

"Really you did it yourself?"

"No, but I sat in the salon chair forever." Jared laughed and put his hand down.

The doorbell rang and I walked over and opened it to reveal Jasmine standing there.

She wore a black dress shirt and black dress pants and a black bowtie.  She had a small black hair barrett with a black rose at the end keeping her bright red hair out of her eyes.

"Hey, you look amazing.  Wow, I mean you really look good!" I said hugging her.

"Oh, uh t-thanks it was actually my older brothers suit from his prom.  Y-you look really good too."

"Are you nervous?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"What, pfttt, me nervous why would you ever even think that?" She said brushing an invisible piece of hair away from her face out of habit. "Well, should we go.  Kojack and Chloe are waiting for us."

"What about Corban and Evander?"

"Brandy and Kim decided they didn't want to go with us."

I was going to reply when a car horn honked outside.

"Your brother is so impatient.  I see it runs in the family."

"I am not impatient!" I said acting offended.

"It's a sin the lie."

"Fine, let's go before he drives off without us."

"You two have fun, be safe!" Gen said before hugging me goodbye.

"We will."

We walked out of the house and to Kojack car where he was waiting impatiently.

Jasmine opened my door for me and shut it once I was in before walking around to her side.  We were in the back while Kojack and Chloe were in the front.

"It's about damn time!" Kojack said doing a dramatic turn around to look at us.

"Oh, just shut up and drive!"

"Not until you apologise for making me sit in this car for so long waiting on you."

"Yeah, that's not gonna happen."

"Well then we're not going anywhere."

"Kojack just drive, my butts falling asleep." Chloe complained.

"Alright, fine."

He finally started driving and we all started talking.

"Esme, you look so cute by the way!" Chloe said turning around to me.