4 - everything's magic ☽

☽☽☽

"What were you thinking?"

Lia whispered to Luke as the group of friends (plus Michael) made their way to the beach that was the school's property.

The two of them were walking first, Liam and Ashton behind them, Calum and Michael last.

"What do you mean?" Luke frowned. He could feel the energy between his fingers as the night was closing in and the sun was saying goodbye. The sound of the sea was calming and he couldn't wait to show his friends what he practiced over the summer.

"I mean I know you don't care about the feud your families have," Lia explained. "But to become friends with him on purpose doesn't sound like you at all. I don't remember the last time you introduced yourself to someone."

Luke chuckled. "It's more your fault than mine that we did meet."

"How?"

"Your parents."

Lia sighed. Her parents were amazing humans and amazing teachers. That's why Lia and Liam both trusted them with a lot of school rumors or their own secrets. Unfortunately, they often acted out when they knew something. It came as no surprise that both of them wanted to go against the so-called feud and literally force Michael and Luke to meet and hopefully become friends.

"Sorry."

"I don't mind. He's really nice. Like really nice. We both know people will treat him differently because of his last name here and I think us hanging out will make things easier on him."

"You're too good."

Their walk was short and nice. When they arrived at the beach they sat down on the blanket Ashton brought with him.

Somehow Luke ended up sitting next to Michael.

At first, the wind was cold and strong but soon enough the air warmed up significantly.

Michael furrowed his brows and looked at Luke.

"Ash," Luke explained, knowing why he was confused.

The blue-eyed boy observed the awed expression on Michael's face.

"Don't you have any wind-mains on your school?"

"Luke, it's time." Liam elbowed Luke gently and nodded over the sea where the full moon started to light up in all the glory.

Luke smiled and stood up. He kicked his shoes off and walked into the water.

He took a deep breath in and closed his eyes.

Luke focused on the moon, the water and himself.

Moon. Water. Himself.

The strong wind returned and he knew Ashton stopped controlling it. The waves became stronger and stronger and soon enough the water that was previously about the height of his ankles already reached his thighs and wetted his shorts.

As concentrated as he was he could hear Ashton whistle at him. He could even catch Michael's voice in the wind.

"What is he doing?"

"The tide," Calum explained. "He can do it anytime but on a full moon, his magic is the strongest."

"Does this apply to everyone like him?"

"No." Lia this time replied, she knew Luke the best. "Most of the space prone magic comes from the sun. But Luke as golden as he is has always been a child of the moon."

Luke smiled at Lia's words.

"I'm pretty sure this comes from the birthday card I wrote for him." Ashton laughed.

Luke presumed that Lia punched him because he could only hear him whine in pain after that.

He was getting a bit tired so he let the magic absorb into the air.

The water slowly calmed down and once more the waves barely covered his feet.

Luke turned back and smiled widely at his friends. Their facial expressions made him proud of what he did.

He quickly bowed earning a loud applause.

The group decided to stay there a bit longer and Luke sat back down next to Michael.

"Wow."

Luke blushed. "It's nothing."

"You're right. It is nothing. Nothing I have ever seen before."

"Mr Stillwater thought me this one. I'm sure you have some amazing tricks with your magic."

"Nothing I learned in school. Nothing this great."

Luke's cheeks were still warm from the last compliment. It was different for having someone he wasn't used to praising his magic. A lot of people didn't like space magic because it was the rarest of the five elements.

"Didn't you learn anything at your school?"

He still remembered the rumors that Michael only got his tattoo a year or so ago so his magic was quite new to him.

"I did. But they didn't let us practice on our own. The whole system is a bit different there, you spend the first two years learning about it and just doing small stuff in class."

"Is that why you transferred?" Luke had so many questions to ask but instead of scaring Michael with them, he decided on saving them for when the time would come.

"I came because my parents think this school will suit me more and just by being here for a few days I agree with them."

"How so?"

Michael was so intriguing to Luke.

"I've had magic for years and honestly the teachers there can't work with me.."

"Years? I thought you only got your tattoo when you were fifteen."

Michael chuckled. "I got my third tattoo when I was fifteen."

☽☽☽

Luke is a special boy.

Michael is a special boy.

They should get married. (:

Did you enjoy this chapter?

Best thing about this book so far?

What's this book lacking? (or what do I have to do to make you show me more love?)

All the love, Lucija ♡