13 - he acts like summer and walks like rain ☽

Luke observed his best friend. They were talking nonstop for the past two hours. There was always a lot to catch up on when both of them had the chance to be alone.

Lia ran a finger over her leaf tattoo and sighed. "I'm lonely Luke. I want a boyfriend."

Luke immediately felt guilt build up inside his chest and laid his head on her shoulder. "I'm sorry Li. I know I've been spending more time with other people than usually-"

Giggling Lia kissed the top of his best friend's head. "Don't be silly Lu. I love that you've been spending more time with people who aren't me, Ashton, or your brothers."

Luke wasn't sure when was the last time he heard his best friend say his roommate's name. It was either idiot or some other nickname Lia had for him.

"Since Michael came you talk a lot more and you express your feelings to me and your family. Liam also said you've been hanging out with Calum which pleases my brother just as much. You've always been the quiet one from the bunch."

Thinking about what his best friend just said Luke went all quiet once more.

"What's on your mind, Lukey?"

Luke turned and looked at the warm brown eyes that were always kind and judgment-free when it came to him.

"I like Michael."

Lia grinned widely. "In a he's extremely hot way I presume?"

Luke whined and pulled the blanket over his head. He could hear Lia giggle again and soon she joined him under the blanket.

"He's just so pretty," Luke admitted. It was the first time he said it out loud and he could have sworn little stars were dancing in his tummy.

"Like soulmate material pretty?" Lia raised her perfectly arched brows.

Luke shook his head. "He doesn't like me that way."

"How do you know? Did he say that?"

"Not exactly. We talked about relationships and stuff the other day. Like I told him I never dated anyone, never kissed anyone and he said he'll help to find someone for me. Also, his friends, the nice ones not Nick, asked him if we were together and he thought it was the funniest thing ever."

Lia replicated Luke's pout. "He did say you were hot though. He said it in front of all of us. Maybe you two could I don't know. Kiss a little bit or something else."

Luke blushed wildly. "You're kidding right?"

"No." She said seriously. "I had boyfriends before and none of them were my soulmates. Well, at least not all of them could be. Calum's dad had a child with someone else, Michael too. I think that's a good thing. If your first boyfriend will be your soulmate he'll be your first everything. Not just all the good things but the first fight, heartbreak."

"I don't want to ruin our friendship."

Lia shrugged his shoulders. "I don't think a kiss or two would hurt you two."

"I don't know," Luke mumbled.

The idea of kissing Michael's wasn't anything new to Luke's imagination. Maybe his fire red lips were as warm as they looked.

"What's that?"

Michael pushed an envelope with Luke's name written on it to his side of the table.

They had another study date after school and Luke thought about Lia's words. She mentioned he was better at expressing how he felt since he's met Michael. Maybe he should tell him about his feelings for him.

"Open it." Michael grinned.

Luke was kind of nervous. The envelope and the writing on it looked official and nothing like Michael's messy handwriting.

He opened it and read the note carefully.

Dear Mr. Hemmings,

We're inviting you to Michael Gordon Clifford's first painting exhibition.

You're expected on Friday, January the 4th at 7 pm. The paintings will be exhibited at the Modern Sun gallery for a week.

This invitation serves as a ticket.

When Luke looked back at Michael his eyes were glowing. "Is this for real?"

Michael nodded. "It was my parent's birthday gift to me. I mean they've sent my paintings to the gallery and they called back the next day and said they see great potential in them."

Luke stood up and hugged him. "That's so cool, I'm so happy for you."

"You'll come right?"

Luke had to bite his tongue before he said yes.

"I'll try. I promise."

Michael pouted. "Why can't you just say yes?"

Luke picked up his pen and started drawing little stars on his notebook.

"There have been some things happening at home recently."

Michael sat down and took Luke's hand in his. "Is there anything wrong with your grandparents? If you need a break you can always come home with me, you know that right?"

Luke chuckled. "I think that would only piss them off more. But no." He went all quiet again. "My parents received some threatening letters a week or so ago. Since then they've raised school security and whenever I leave school I'm followed by at least two bodyguards. Not even my mum would allow me to go and I'm not sure if I'll be able to sneak out."

"Oh shit. Like serious threats?"

Michael grabbed Luke's other hand as well.

"Even my grandmother is worried about me, Ben and Jack, so yes. I mean it's probably her fault since she always makes the worst decisions with business partners and makes a lot of people mad."

"Okay. I won't be mad if you won't be able to make it. I just really hope you do. Mrs. Stillwater even allowed me to take the painting I drew my first week here."

"The one with which you've taken the first place away from me?"

"Yes, if you come you'll be able to see it before the end of the year school's exhibition."

Luke squeezed Michael's warm hands. "I promise I'll try."

☽☽☽

Luke has a Michael-crush! (:

How adorable is Luke?

Do you think he'll be able to sneak out for Mikey's exhibition?

Love, Lucija