7 - for us all, the stars refuse to shine ☽

Luke was over the moon.

November was finally here, and after checking Jack's old notes for History of magic he realized they'll soon start learning about soulmates.

With November also came cold which Luke enjoyed. Everyone in his family had water magic so as a child Luke always enjoyed observing the ice sculptures his brothers would make. And hot chocolate.

Luke loved hot chocolate.

He enjoyed this year at school much more than last year. Since he talked things out with his mother his time at home was a lot more bearable and Luke also started to spend a lot more time with Michael.

In Luke's eyes, Michael was the perfect addition to their group of friends. Lia finally warmed up to him when he told her tattoo was amazing and also complimented one of her poems.

The green-eyed boy was incredibly smart, and Luke wasn't the only weird one who knew strange facts about things and spent a lot of time in the library. They'd watch documentaries together and talk about interesting things.

Michael also transferred into the History of magic in late September so he was left to listen to Luke blabbing on and on about soulmates.

Soulmate connection wasn't something people would just chat about. There were a lot of misconceptions that came from soapy books and films. Soulmate books were only allowed after someone would get the basic knowledge about it and that was another reason Luke was happy about the future classes.

He already made a list of documentaries and books he'll watch and read after he'd get the green light from his professor.

Professor Reina wasn't the most entertaining history professor one could wish for and there were many occasions his students would fall asleep. What he did have was a lot of knowledge and that was what Luke was excited for.

The entire class was buzzing that day, everyone was excited about the lesson.

Luke had a big grin on his face when the professor walked in and used the power of wind to open the books on their tables on the correct page.

"Hello, class." Mr. Reina said in his usual monotone voice.

The students replied with a more cheerful hello.

"Okay, as you can see there is a blank piece of paper on your table. What I want you to do is to write one thing, either something you know or have heard about soulmates. Then I'll read those and we'll discuss the popular ones."

Luke had many thoughts and ideas but he settled on one he really wanted to know.

He wrote the question down and folded it neatly. It wasn't a common question or myth but he hoped that professor would answer it anyway.

"Let's see." Mr. Reina took the tallest stack of papers and turned against the chalkboard.

Soulmates need the power of the same elements.

"Now this one was quite common and I presume that comes from that awful TV show about how everyone in a small village was each other's soulmate. It's incorrect as you all know the source of your magic is often inherited so if both of your parents happen to share the element you may share it too. If I'm not incorrect Mr. Hemmings both of your parents and your brothers have water tattoos."