2: Summer Classes

We arrived at the great hall and sat next to each other at the Slytherin table. "For those of you who are not staying over the summer to do extra classes you may leave. Have a wonderful summer and we'll see most of you next year," Dumbledore spoke in his booming voice. As most everyone stood up and left we just sat and waited. Sam, what do you think the classes will be?" Draco turned to ask me. "I hope quidditch, and maybe art." "And for those of you who are staying," Dumbledore continued, "here are a list of classes and who will be teaching them."

"Frog Choir taught by Filius Flitwick, Muggle Art taught by Charity Burbage, Muggle Music taught by Filius Flitwick, Apparition taught by Wilkie Twycross, Arithmancy taught by Septima Vector, Care of Magical Creatures taught by Rubeus Hagrid, Study of Ancient Runes taught by Bathsheda Babbling, and the Ministry of Magic requires a Sexual Education class and they have yet to pick a teacher. You must pick at least three classes and the Sexual Education class unless you have previously taken it. There will be sheets passed around and you must fill it out and give it to the head of your house."

The sheets were passed around, I was surprisingly eager to choose my classes. "What are you going to choose?" I asked Draco. "Probably apparition, care of magical creatures, arithmancy, and I guess sexual education since it's required." He sounded quite unhappy about taking the extra classes. "Well I think I'm going to take muggle art, muggle music, care of magical creatures, and also sexual education." I starting reviewing the classes to make sure I didn't miss any. "So you're really taking those muggle classes?" Draco asked with an unpleasant expression. "I like learning about muggles, Draco. It's actually kind of interesting." After we had marked the classes we were going to take we took it to Professor Snape. As I was handing my paper to him he asked, "Sam, I need to speak to you about one of your classes." 'Oh god' I thought, 'he needs to speak with me?' "Okay, sure, when would be a good time?" "After you're dismissed you can come to my office," " Oh, okay," I said in a shaky voice.

The Summer students were dismissed, I had to go to Snapes office. "Draco, Professor Snape wants me to meet him in his office, what do I do?" "Well first of all," Draco paused, "you need to wear something sexy." "That sounds ridiculous!" I stammered. "You know I'm right, Sammy" "Yeah, I know."

"Okay, how about these pants?" Draco asked as he pulled out my black skinny jeans, ripped at the knees. "Obviously I'm wearing those, they make my ass look great." "Alright then," Draco turned back to the closet with wide eyes. I walked over to the closet and pulled out a green sweatshirt. "This should do." I quickly changed and put on black sneakers.

I headed out the room and to Professor Snapes office. "Um, excuse me Professor, you needed to talk to me?" I asked while peeking in the door. "Yes, have a seat," he motioned to a chair in front of his desk. "My understanding is that you are gay, now there's nothing wrong with that, but Dumbledore wanted me to ask if you wanted to take a separate sexual education class. One for," he paused, "gay students. Dumbledore thinks it will be much more beneficial." "Of course, yeah," I sighed, "I think it will be more beneficial. Is that all you needed from me Professor?" "Yes, you may go," he spoke with his monotonous voice.

I quickly stood up and headed toward the door. "Sam, one more thing." "Yes sir," I sounded worried. "It would be me teaching the class, so if that would make you uncomfortable, you can join the other class." "No sir, I think it'll be fine."

I walked into the bedroom and shut the door behind me, I started to breathe heavily. "How did it go?" Draco asked. "Good, I think. I'm taking a gay sex ed class instead." "That's great, who's going to be the teacher?" "Snape." I could feel my cheeks getting hot. "Snape? Teaching you sex ed?" "Yes." My whole face now red. "I bet you can't wait until tomorrow," Draco teased. "I'm going to bed."