Unexpected III

AN: Sorry about the frantic updates. This one is also from me. HAHA Any suggestions, tell me!

This is a sequel of chapters 9 and 26. Last part, probably!

#

"Dada! Dada!" Gray looked over his shoulder and saw his son, crying, come his way. Worried, Gray took a few steps to meet him and swooped him from the floor.

"What is it, buddy?" Gray frowned. "What happened?" The little boy started to ramble, gesturing towards where he came from and Gray's frown deepened when Gris hid his face on the crook of Gray's neck, still sobbing. He glanced to where Gris had been playing with Asuka and saw Lisanna coming their way.

"They were playing, Gris-chan fell on his butt and started to cry." Lisanna frowned. "I didn't think he hurt himself, but..."

Gray patted Gris' back, knowing already why his son was acting out. "He isn't hurt, don't worry. It's past his nap time and he gets cranky when he doesn't sleep on schedule."

"Oh." Lisanna chuckled. "Alright, that's a relief."

"Thank you for watching him. I'll get Juvia so we can go home." The Ice Mage nodded and started to walk towards Juvia, who was talking to Lucy a few feet behind him. "Alright, buddy. We are going home so you can sleep okay?" The little boy nodded, still hiding his face and Gray's lips curled up.

"Is he alright?" Juvia asked, concerned when Gray and Gris were close enough.

"He is fine, just needs his nap." He informed and Juvia nodded in understanding. "Want to go with your mom, Gris?" Usually the little boy would throw himself to Juvia whenever he was upset but that time he just shook his head and tightened his arms around Gray's neck. "Okay, Dad will take you, then."

"Let's go." Juvia grabbed Gray's hand and they left the Guild.

#

Gray kissed his son's cheek when he put Gris on his bed, the little boy had fallen asleep on the way home. Gray removed Gris' shoes and pulled the covers. He closed the door and stood there for a moment, digesting what had happened.

"Gray-sama?" Juvia was worried. She was gathering their son's toys from the living room but she put them on the couch and walked towards him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Nothing at all." Gray shook his head and looked down to her. "He... he ran to me."

"What?" Juvia was confused.

"When he got upset, he called for me. You were in his view and a couple of months ago he would've ran to you, but... today he ran to me, he called me." He was clearly overwhelmed. "He came to me." His eyes widened. "I'm... I'm his father."

"Juvia would've thought you figured out this four months ago when you saw Juvia holding mini-Gray-sama in her arms." Juvia chuckled and put a hand on is cheek and another on his shoulder.

"No, that's not it. I... Today I really felt like a father." Gray told her. "I've been getting to know him, I grew to love him, shit, I love him so much but... when he ran to me and I calmed him down... I was his father. Sure, we've been telling me I am his dad, but he doesn't know what it means, but today he knew I was his father, that I would help him, that I'd made him feel better."

Juvia smiled and teared up. "He understands in his own way the three of us are a family and you are here to stay. He knows you are his father."

"I am." Gray nodded, still surprised and then he laughed in disbelief. "Fuck, I am."

The Water Mage pulled him down and gave him a peck on the lips. "Welcome to parenthood."

Gray snorted. "Thank you."

"And, well..." Juvia twined their hands together and started to pull him. "Since Juvia has seniority here, she will welcome you by teaching you how parents use nap time to be alone."

He rolled his eyes just for show but answered her, trying to fight a smile. "Parenthood is getting better and better. How do you know about how to use that alone time, anyways?"

Juvia laughed and the sound made Gray's stomach get filled with butterflies. "She heard about it and now she finally has a partner to test it out."

Gray couldn't help it but to chuckle and pulled her to him to give her a kiss. "I hope I am a good partner." He meant more than 'nap time' and she knew it, of course, she always knew.

"You already are." She told him and Gray nodded, kissing her again.

#

AN: Sorry, I was thinking about this and needed to wrap these drabbles up! Hope it was good. :3

07/29/2017 ~ BonneyQ