Chapter 2: I Hate Everybody

Gajeel's POV:

Summer is almost over and nothing interesting has happened at all. Even though playing video games and lying around with my black cat, Lily, is pretty much all I do, it's surprisingly boring.

It's almost the start of the new school year so I have to go school supplies shopping. I do enjoy it though, the shopping part. Especially since I get to help out with my mother.

My mother is my inspiration. She had helped me through all the hard times of getting bullied because of my spiky black hair, menacing red eyes, and being 5'6 at age 12. I wouldn't want to forget my ear piercings. Each one represents something I lost. Kinda gross but it has symbolism in my opinion.

My mother and I are victims of abuse and bullying. I was bullied at school and abused at home. My mother was a victim of abuse from my father, Metallicana Redfox. Thankfully he finally ran off last year and my mom filed a divorce. Somehow a tiny part of me misses him a little.

Only bad part was that my mother used to be a tall, beautiful, and proud mother who I inherited my pride from; she even has a beautiful name, Katharine. She had become a frail woman who had grown older too quickly. Feels only like yesterday when the horrors of bullying began...

*flashback*

"Hey spiky idiot wanna come play basketball with us? Oh, actually sorry you can't you're an overgrown monster, you'd kill everybody!" Said a orange haired person who was many inches shorter and overly obnoxious for the attention.

I can't even remember his name.

"Hey red eyes, why don't you just go die?!" said a chubby friend of the orange haired kid.

I looked down at the ground with my eyes sparkling with tears of sadness. This would always happen, everyday, worse every time.

One day after about one year, I finally snapped.

"Why don't you just be quiet if you don't have anything nice to say?" I replied quietly after being taunted and called monster.

"Excuse me? Did you just say something?" That orange haired idiot spat back at me. "You've got some real nerves to talk back. How would the monster like to fight? huh?"

Everyone around us were cheering us on yelling, "Fight to the death!"

No one could even imagine what would happen in 5 minutes of saying a terrible thing.

I didn't want to do anything so I stood there, getting punched and kicked by the chubby kid and orange haired kid. I finally looked up, and saw a fist coming straight for my face.

And suddenly, out of the blue, a small, frail looking bluenette jumped out of nowhere in front of me and screamed, "STOP!" She got punched full on, right on her face. She was knocked unconscious, there was blood streaming out of her nose, and her already pale face was getting paler by the second.

I screamed for help. An ambulance was on its way and you could feel her life slipping in and out of focus.

I could hear her whispering something. I leaned down closer to her mouth and heard, "Live... to not... be... afraid... stand up straight... have pride... in your... self...."

Those were the last words I heard before she had her final breath.

I didn't even know her name.

Judging by the grim faces of everyone around us, she was gone.

The unnamed brave bluenette girl who stood up for me.

Was now gone.

Even though I've never had anyone out there for me, in those precious few seconds... we shared a memory that is pounded into my head with no escape.

I felt myself becoming pale, and saw the paramedics yelling at me if I am ok. I didn't feel anything. And then I fell into a memory coma.

I seriously doubt that a memory coma is a real thing so I'll just explain to you what I think it would be. A memory coma is when you experience a traumatic, haunting event and you fall into a coma that lasts exactly a month. During that month, your mind goes into a repeating nightmare cycle that takes you through every second of the traumatic event hundreds of thousands of times, enough to make them want to mentally commit suicide just to end the nightmare. A never stopping nightmare for one whole month.

*flashback end*

I woke up in a cold sweat.

"Damn it... it's already 3 am." I muttered to myself. I saw Lily curled up on my stomach, fast asleep.

To this day, I wondered what her name was. I don't think I'll ever learn it. And besides... I was not allowed to see her grave.

There was video evidence that her passing away was not my fault, although they blamed me. That orange haired kid never got into trouble. It was all an accident. Like hell it was an accident. They say that she just got in the way.

I don't think I'll be able to face everyone at Fairy Tail Middle School once the rumors go around about how I "viscously murdered that girl".

I doubt that I can become anyone's friend ever. Anyone besides my mother. That's someone I can definitely protect.

So! Chapter 2 huh? I'm not sure if this was long or not, I'll find out once I publish it! I had a flash of inspiration after reading a comment written to me from KenzieRose02! Anyway comment, vote, send me a message, or follow for more fan fictions of Fairy Tail ships! I don't mind doing some requests so request what ship I should start writing next and what the plot should be! GaLe just happens to be my favorite so for all those GaLe fans out there, this is for you!

Kitty and puppy rainbow love! (I have a messed up imagination)

~le author, Kate