Chapter 8: Clarity

Levy's POV:

I woke up in a white room with someone holding my hand. I don't remember how I got here. And I don't know where I am either. The room itself was pretty boring, it was mostly white and there was a window on my left.

And on my right was the sleeping person holding my hand. I could tell it was a guy, he had black spiky hair with many piercings on his ears. I was kind of scared of him because of his appearance but the whole hand holding thing, somehow it comforted me. It felt... nice. Like a nice, warm, and cuddly feeling.

I sort of shifted on the bed and I saw him wake up abruptly with a groan. He stretched out some and then looked down at our interlocked fingers, then to my face, then back to our fingers, then back to my face and he jumped in surprised. I was kind of disappointed because he let go and I guess it showed on my face because he then said, "Levy, are you alright?" Holy mother of god I love the way he says my name. So deep, yet so gentl- wait what am I talking about! Am I in... love?

He looked at me funny and I realized that I said everything out loud. Then I blushed hardcore, to the point of my cheeks and tops of my ears are red. Didn't even know they did that. Guess we learn new things everyday.

"Uh so you like me?", he asked me. He, he, he. How come I don't know the name of this fine gentleman?

"Um my name's Gajeel Redfox by the way and before you ask yourself anything you have amnesia."

"Wait this can't be happening. But I don't know you! I should know you! I feel good by you but I don't know who you are!" I guess that last sentence hurt him because I could see the hurt in his eyes. But before he could say anything, nurses came rushing in asking of I was ok because my heart rate sped up. They pushed Gajeel out of the room and I felt kind of isolated.

~~1 week later~~

My mother has been visiting everyday and has been trying to tell me something's that would trigger my memory to come back. Gajeel hasn't visited all week and that made me feel sad. Besides my family, I didn't really talk to anyone at school besides Ellie, who was a social butterfly unlike me. Wait what?

"MOM I REMEMBER ELLIE!", I screamed out and she hugged me sobbing because of remembering and because it's Ellie. Anytime she comes up in a conversation that my

mother is in she gets emotionally unstable. My mother I mean, not Ellie. If you don't remember, Ellie is my identical twin sister. But she passed away during a fight a few years ago when she protected another kid.

As much as I want to remember the kid, I can't. Even without amnesia I don't remember.

One day Gajeel finally came into my room. He looked awful. His hair was tangled, he had dark circles around his eyes, and his face was too thin looking to be healthy.

"Hey Levy", Gajeel said rather stiffly.

That bothered me. Before I know what I was doing, I beckoned him to come close and I opened my arms into a hug. He looked really surprised but then his features softened and he gave me a warm hug. Felt quite dandy and nice if you ask me. When I pulled away, I held his hand just in case he needed it.

"Hey Gajeel", I said kindly. "Is there anything wrong?", I know I probably shouldn't have said that but I was curious. Before I knew it he blurted out, "I like you Levy" I was shocked. But then he went on with a rather pink face.

"The reason I wasn't visiting was because the police were trying to figure out why you got sick. I mean they know about how the amnesia happened but not what happened before that. So they tried investigating. They released me 2 days ago but I was working up the courage to come and talk to you" I didn't know what that had to do with him liking me so I let him continue.

"The reason was because I wanted to ask you to be my friend. Considering the fact that I don't have any friends and that I think we have a lot in common, I feel like you would be a great friend. And I want to help you remember things too." I was pretty shocked by his confession but I smiled and said,

"What are you talking about? We were friends straight from day one"

Aaaaaaannd another chapter done! I feel like we got to the halfway point of this story. not in chapters but like in the story. Remember I have no plans for this story, I'm making it up as I go along so basically if it's bad then I'm sorry. The only plans I have is that once I finish it I'll go ahead and try and finish "Blue Hair Surprise", which is on hold right now because I don't want to do 2 things at once. And most of my chapters are unedited like this one so yeah. Bare with me through this with me.

So now then...

COMMENT VOTE FOLLOW and all that jazz please! Any suggestions will be helpful thank you very much and KATE OUT!

~le author, Kate