Chapter 4: Bonding 😎

Note= The song above is not mine it is Kelly Clarkson's. I am just borrowing it.
--------——------------------------------

   The traffic all the way to the B.A.U reminded Heather of a flock of birds. Every bird and car is different, but in traffic if one car falls behind another will take its place. Also, it was just as annoying.

♦️♦️♦️

   Her desk was surprise, on Reid's left. 'It's like the universe, wants me to fail' she screeched in her head as she took her seat. Reid followed in moments later, clearly caught off guard by Heather's presence next to him and his desk.

   However, they both ignored each other and resumed paperwork. "Why don't murders work faster" whined the pitiful Morgan after, about 2 hours of nothing, but paperwork passed. "Agreed" Gideon commented wanting to bang his head on the desk his elbows rested on. "Will you two stop complaining, its good that we do paperwork, there is no people in danger, killed, or kidnapped" Reid answered annoyed at there childish behavior.

Heather did not answer and just kept reading and filling out pages of papers. At least she could read 15,000 words per minute. Garcia walked away from a clearly small room and made her way over to Heather. "Hey Cake pop, want to get away from the papers and come join me in my office" she asked quietly whispering over in Heather's ear. Garcia's breath was hot on her ear and made her tingle slightly.

To respond Heather stood and followed Garcia back inside the small room of hers. The room consisted of more computers than she had ever seen, squeezed together on one wall and a single, comfortable, black chair. "This is where the magic happens" Garcia began , spreading her arms and collapsing upon her throne of cushions and black. Heather nodded as she spotted a lone brown chair that practically screamed for her to sit in.

After setting up her own throne next to Garcia's, Heather started some small talk. "Enough, of this" Garcia pointed out stopping Heather in the middle of a question. "I want to know you" she added, giving Heather one of her hard to not feel warm inside smilies. "Well.....I have a sister named Emma and a nephew named Daniel" Heather started, deciding to answer the simple questions first.

"What about your childhood" Garcia replied with a tilt of her head. This had been the question the Heather had hopped wouldn't come up. Gulping, she started slow. "I was adopted to the Lake family when I was 5 months old, and........I....had a mother that owned a bakery, where I grew up, Idaho" she stuttered, gripping her chair so hard her knuckles turned a eery white.

"Had?" Garcia pushed not giving up on learning everything about her new friend. "She was.......on....March 11th.....8 years ago..she was..m-murdered.. by my adopted father.... out of rage" she cried, falling out of her chair and pulling her knees up to her crying eyes. Garcia acted immediately, dropping to the floor and pulling Heather into a comforting and loving hug. "Oh Cake pop......let it out...I'm here" she reassured patting her friend on her back which was covered by a blank, sleeveless top.

"T-That's why I joined the B.A.U, so I could stop monsters like him and t-to understand" she choked through sobs in Garcia's chest. Pulling Heather out of her lap, Garcia took a tissue box and Dryden the tears remaining on her beautiful face. Luckily, Heather was smart enough to always wear waterproof mascara all the time.

"Don't worry Cake pop, I'm always here for you" Garcia stated pulling her new best friend closer into a hug that could only be mimicked by Emma. The moment Heather hugged her new best friend back, her walls started shaking and cracking.