Chapter eighteen

Julian? I jumped out of the car and started running after him.

It's started raining. great!

"JULIAN!" He didn't take any notice of me. "JULIAN!" I picked up a rock and threw it at his head. He turned around and looked at me. He did one of those cool Uy things like in the movies wher... oh right, back to the story.

I stopped running and just stared at him. For a moment there I thought that he wasn't going to do anything but he eventually got of his bike.

We ran towards each other. I wish I could say it was like one one of those romantic runs where it's in slow motion, but it really wasn't. I tripped over my dress and landed flat on my face. Way to kill the vibe.

I stood back up and saw that Julian was laughing at me.

"Shut up, its hard to run in heels!"

"I know." he mumbled as he walked up to me.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Why can't you let it go. let me go?"

"Because I can't. you obviously can't let me go either if you ran to stop me."

"But you won't want me after you find out who I am, I'm certain of it."

"How can you be if you won't give me a chance?"

"Just trust me on this."

"No." He stepped closer to me making me feel smaller than I already do. "You trust me when I saw that I will love you no matter who you are."

"What if I'm a guy."

"Well that would be an exception."

"Carly."

"Meh."

"Your grandmother."

"That's just twisted."

"Hahaha." He smiled.

"Please tell me who you are."

"This is all wrong." my smile dropped.

"How?"

"I just know that you won't love me."

"Stop telling me what I know! I can think for myself. and right now I know that no matter what you say, I will keep fighting for you."

"I bet you ten dollars you'll change your mind after you find out."

"Just show me."

"No." I stepped back.

"Yes."

"My life is happy. I don't want to be hurt."

"Why would I hurt you?"

"Everyone else has." I look at the ground.

The cars start beeping at us and only then do I realise that we are still in the middle of the road.

"Oh bite me!" i shout to an old guy in a car.

"You need to let people in before you can judge them. Life may get you down but only weaklings don't get back up."

"Sorry but that was the worst quote I've ever heard."

"Yeah not my best one."

"If I show you, will you promise to let me down easy?"

"Yes." he lifts his hands up to my mask and slowly pulls it down. I cover my face before he can see me.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I think that we both just blocked out the noise of the cars.

"Move your hands." I slowly pulled them away from my face.

"Cynthia?"

"I knew it!" I turned to run away but Julian managed to grab my wrist.

"How didn't I remember."

"Because you a dumbass?" He just glares at me.

"Cynthia, you are my princess charming." I look at him in his eyes... then burst into a fit of laughter.

"Hahahaha sorry I just didn't expect that"

"Stop laughing at me."

"Hahaha sorry haha I need to calm myself haha." he pulled he close and kissed me. My first thought was to slap him but then i eased into the kiss.

He pulled me away and asked "calm?"

"Yep defiantly."

Julian got down on one knee and bowed. "Cynthia, will you be my Cinderella?"

I curtsied "yes, your highness."

He stood back up and started laughing.

"I think that we should get off the road" I look at the massive traffic jam that has formed because if us.

"Yeah."

"Come on my motor bike."

"What about my car?"

"Just come back and get it later."

We walked over to where his motorbike is and got into it.

We drove off and away from the angry drivers.

"By the way Cynthia, you owe me ten bucks!"