15

There's a look of hope in Mark's eyes, with a hint of excitement hidden somewhere deep below.

"Can I kiss you?"

I can sense his nervousness by the tone in his voice. He's wondering if it's alright, but little does he know I've been waiting for this moment since the day I laid eyes on him.

"Yeah." My answer is simple, and my throat is nearly dry as I swallow past the nerves gathering in me.

Mark's tiny sigh of relief is followed by a faint and breathy giggle as he cranks his neck more and more to gain a better view of my face.

He finally hoists his body, using his elbows for support, turning so that he's lying on his back, with me lying next to him, my left arm under his neck.

The tip of his tongue creeps out slowly, wetting his top and bottom lip slightly as his eyes study my face, moving from the top of my head down to my chin, examining the features, then centering in on my own lips.

I mirror Mark's actions without even noticing, my tongue quickly wetting my lips in preparation.

Mark's eyes are half lidded now, taking a very sultry look as he moves his head closer to mine. There's a four or five inch gap between us as Mark finally closes his eyes completely and advances.

I feel the same cold feeling in my arms now transform into a slight tingle, the anticipation literally shaking my insides.

We're only two inches away and I can already feel the gentle heat from Mark's breath. It's warm and inviting, and as I close my eyes too I finally meet with them.

It was firm yet soft, and as Mark melted into my mouth I felt as though all of my worries, my anxieties, my dreams and also my heartaches floated away.

My longing for Mark all these months, and the intense desire I had to be with and around him seemed to all collapse in on itself as his lips pushed in again, kissing into my bottom lip.

I finally had a physical reminder of all of the reasons why Mark was the one. Everything made sense.

His left hand creeps up from the brown fleece blanket and onto my right hand, moving it to his chest. Through the pounding of my own heart in my eardrums, I feel Mark's own heart slamming away at my palm.

"Jacks?" Mark breathes out, his timid kiss now gaining momentum as our teeth accidentally clank together just slightly.

"What?" I say softly, unsure of where he's going with this.

I thought I had Mark figured out, I felt as though the lines between acceptable and too-far, right and wrong, were clearly laid out for me.

But then he does something that I never saw coming.

"Where's your bedroom?" He whispers, his eyes open now, staring soberly into mine.

I was about to ask if he was sure, but the look in his eyes answered every question I could think of before I even asked. The golden and warm rays of light were replaced by a deep and genuine look of maturity.

I toss my head back in a quick nudge, gesturing toward the marble white hallway that leads down to my room.

"Take me." Mark says, and I can't tell whether it's a question or a demand, and I don't think Mark cares either way, because he now has a fistful of my shirt, his hands grabbing softly at the area just below my collarbone as he kisses me again.

I raise my body up, moving Mark's with mine by accident. The boy doesn't seem to mind, he is still attached to me by the mouth, his tongue now finding its way onto my parted lips.