Chapter 23

STICKERS FOR EVERYONE! ♥♡ツ✌

I held my breath as I waited for the other line to answer. I couldn't hear anything. Just breathing. Heavy breathing. With each breath They took, The more anxious I got. I stood in the pathway, with the phone to my ear waiting anxiously.

"H...Hello?" I asked again.

I heard a deep throaty Laugh on the other end, before they responded "Congratulations"

Then they hung up.

Staring off into nowhere, I just breathed for a few minutes, Trying to calm myself down. I felt the tears coming, and quickly continued on my way towards the university gardens. My little sanctuary, which helped me think in tines like this.

I tried to blink away my tears, but failed miserably, letting a few escape.

"Oh Fuck it. It's not like anyone can see me anyway." I whispered to myself as I continued to walk, wiping away a tear or two along the way.

The music began playing again, but this time, The song was different. "Human" By Christina Perri played, and I quietly hummed along as it played, counting the footsteps until I reached the gardens.

I smiled when I could finally see the opening to the gardens. The gardens were no longer cared for, because no one ever came back here.

Well, no one but me of course.

The plants and flowers were lifeless, and most of the trees were dying, but I still found it beautiful. Even more so maybe because all the color was sucked dry, leaving nothing but death.

I walked through the entrance if two dead tree's caving in, almost to make a cute little doorway. I walked around the old abandoned fountain and quietly made a wash to myself as I passed.

"I wish all this drama would go away"

I walked around the fountain, to find my favorite tree stump. It was once an oak tree, but was cut down because it got sick and started infecting other plants. I sat on the stump and took a deep breath. The smell of rain and soft rose fragrance came apon me, and I smiled. I had been missing that smell. I needed it.

I Smiled and took in the fragrance. I set down my backpack and put my hands in my knee's leaning forward and sighing.

"Why don't I do this more often?" I thought.

Then, I thought back to when I first came to this university. How I would come here and sing at the top of my lungs. How I would dance. Because nobody was watching me. How I felt happy.

I longed for that feeling once more. That, that lightness in my body. How I felt like I could take on the world when I was alone in this garden. The garden of secrets. My garden of my secrets.

I took a deep breath, sucking in as much air as I could before doing something I hadn't done in ages.

I sang. With my heart.

But I'm only human...

And I bleed when I fall down.

I'm only human...

And I crash and I break down.

Words to my head.

Knives to my heart.

You build Me up, And I just fall apart.

Cause I'm only Human....♬

A wave of happiness came over me, like I had never felt before. Except for when I was with Robbie.

The feeling if happiness slowly trickled away, and I wished back.

Robbie.

How could I Fuck up like that? This man could except me for who I am, and love me for it. And I turn away from him?

But he had no right to grab me, to take that tone with me. I felt scared, like I was in the arms of Carson once more.

So? The man has anger issues. So do I! Who am I to dictate him on his flaws, when I have them myself.

But he should have respected my opinion. Respected me. I said no. and that meant no. He should have listened.

I went back and fourth with myself for a while, trying to figure out what to do. I was torn between the Devil and The angel. Good and bad. And the hardest part?

I couldn't tell which was which.

I sat on my stump, sorting through...Everything. I just wanted a clear head so I  could decide for good.

Did I Want to fix things, it were we done for good?

OKAY HAII HOW R U WELL TANK U VERY MUCHO 4 READING DA CHAPTAH I LUV U...LOL WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE? OKAY, I POSTED THE FIRST CHAPTER OF MY NEW BOOK "DANNABELLA " PLEASE GO READ IT! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1.6 K! THAT'S CRAZY! LOVE UUUUUUUUU BYEEE!!!

~Kaleigh ✌

Editer here,

If there are any typos please say so in a comment thanks

~ Kayla