A crul joke

Chapter 12

*******

I had laid the dress on Belle’s bed, along with a set of earrings and a matching necklace. She had bought her own shoes but I had guided her to get a pair that would match the dress in the most unsuspicious way possible. Now I had to get myself ready. When I was stepping out of the room, I heard the door open. I walked around the corner and saw Belle slipping off her sneakers.

“Did you have fun?” I asked and she jumped in fright.

“Seriously Ama, you really trying to kill me, aren’t you?!” She said with a small laugh. We hugged and she smiled.

“I love you Belle you know, right?” I said looking at her. She nodded and hugged me tighter.

“Okay, go and take a shower, I need to start as well.” I gave her a little push towards the hallway and she walked into her room. I hadn’t moved because I knew, 1…2…3…

“AMARA!!!!!” I heard her scream and then a blob of rose blonde hair whoosh towards me and into my arms making us fall on the floor.

“Please please tell me you didn’t and what I saw is a cruel joke.” She said, her head buried in the crook of my neck.

“Nope, not a joke, I bought it and it’s one of my presents to you.” I said smiling then I shoved her off.

“We need to get ready or we’ll be late, hurry your ass up.” I said standing up and walking to my room. I could hear her asking about being late to where but I just laughed and told her to just get ready.

Sighing I started to do my makeup. It was a black smokey eye with pink blended into the crease and a pinkish-maroon lip color. I had planned to wear an off the shoulder, thigh high and long in the back-maroon dress with some black pumps.

I was ready within a half an hour. Ivan had arrived just as I was slipping on my shoes. I had opened the door for him and rushed back for my clutch. When I came back that’s when he had a good look at me.

“You, wow,” He stared at me, “you look amazing Ama, I’m glad you’re my date and nobody else’s.” I blushed and looked down. Someone cleared their throat and we turned. Standing there was Belle and she looked beautiful.

“You clean up nice Ivan.” She spoke first and Ivan laughed.

“You look gorgeous Bella, you both look wonderful ladies.” We thanked him and headed out. Ivan opened the door to his black Silverado for Belle when a white Escalade came to a screeching halt behind Ivan’s car. We stared at the car when we see that it's Justin getting off. I rolled my eyes.

“You’re late Justin, didn’t I tell you to be here on time?” I told him and he gave a shrug.

“Sorry Ama, I got held up.” I waved him off and he escorted Belle to his car and closed the door after her and he walked back to me.

“Okay, so take the longer route and call me when you get there.” I instructed and he nodded jogging back to his car.

*************