Ivan

Chapter 15

******

It's been two weeks since Belle was taken but that stupid, brainless animal. The police haven’t done shit, I’m on edge all the time, so bad that I even thought of smoking a few time but I never could get myself to do it for some reason. I know very well that crying won’t help but I just can’t stop them sometimes. I felt helpless.

“Ugh!” I tugged at my hair in frustration. Ivan grabbed my hands and kissed both palms. Since that night, he hasn’t left my side. He never leaves me alone which isn’t a bad thing until you want to be left alone, I actually had to yell at him but regretted a while after so I apologized and he did to for not giving me my space.

“Ama, you need to calm down, take deep breathes.” He instructed me, then pulled me into his arms.

“I can’t breathe, I feel like I’m suffocating and we don’t have a damn clue of where she could be!” I yelled at the end, pulling away from him and standing up. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He cleared his throat before speaking.

“Amara, right now, I really just want you to sit down and just hear me out okay, listen to what I have to say first before freaking out alright?” He said, my heart immediately started to speed up and I felt a cold chill down my back. I sat down slowly and faced him. He was leaning forward with his elbows resting on his knees and his hands cupped under his chin.

“I may have a clue as to where she could be, I have people looking for her and doing everything they can.” He said. My brain went into overdrive, processing what he had just said.

“Wha-- how long have you known this and what people?!” I asked him.

“I own and run a business  aside from working with my dad.” He explained in a low voice. I sat there, trying to make sense of what he’s saying and dread set in at the pit of my stomach.

“What type of business?” I asked in a whisper, afraid of the answer. He stayed quiet for a few then gave a sharp inhale. He turned to face me and grabbed my hands. Irrelevant, but the moment where you are going to say something that might piss off the other person and you grab their hands so they won’t start swinging.  I swallowed a laugh since what I was thinking wasn’t appropriate at the moment.

“I work for the mafia.”

Shock. Complete and utter shock. I didn’t know what to say or even think. My mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water.

“H-how?” I managed to stutter out. He shook his head and stood up. He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed for the thousandth time today.

“Trust me, it wasn’t much of a choice.” He shook his head again and walked towards the door.

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“I have a feeling you don’t want to be near me right now.” He stayed put for a few minutes. I stayed quiet, not contradicting his assumption so he left.

I stared at the door, not knowing what to think.

Hours later, I was debating whether to call him or not. I was pissed, not at him but of what he is, what he does. Too many memories lodged in my brain of those horrid monsters. In the end, I had to call him. Angry or not, I needed his help.

***********

We didn't speak of anything other than of how to get Belle back. One of his men, Rick, had called him. Rick told Ivan that they were following a current lead and they think that this may be the one. When he hung up, he turned to me.

“Don't get your hopes up, this may or may not lead to her.” but I just shook my head.

“I have a feeling that this is it, this is the lead that will take us to her.” I said, looking up at the man sitting next to me.

Ivan’s POV

I could see the hope shining in her eyes. I could feel the hope rolling off her in waves. I just wish I could have that hope myself.

I had no choice but to tell her. She's too good for me though. A person, a guy like me deserves nothing of what she is. The way she had looked at me when that word left my mouth. Mafia.

I hate it, hate it so much but the choice of becoming part of it was never mine and the option of leaving left me a long time ago. My father never directly worked with the group but he has called some of the major shots.

Considering I am the boss's son, I receive no special treatment or do I run the group. I wanted and want it that way.

May seem too early and we aren't even going out or even on the best of terms at the moment but the girl, this woman sitting next to me, looking at me with those mesmerizing brown eyes, does things to me, makes my heart best faster. Makes me feel a certain way I haven't felt in a long time.

***********

My beautiful people's sorry for taking so long to update.