The Woman In Black

The woman walked up to me.

"And what might they be?" She looked at me as if expecting something. Then u realized she meant my powers. I held up my hand and formed a water ball and a ball of soil. "Ok and the last one?" She asked me. she held up my hand and dug her fingernails in the back. I flicked my wrist and her hand caught fire. I pulled my hand towards me and the fire went out before she was badly hurt. She smiled.

"You work good with them." She said and walked over to Macey and whispered something to her. Macey nodded as the woman dissapeared.

"So you have fire too." Macey said and walked over to me and looked at my hands. It was getting dark so I led her to my bed and we laid down then fell asleep.

My mom was sitting on the edge of a hotel bed, her hair tied up in a messy bun. I ran up to her and tried to hug her but I fell right threw her.

"Mom?" I asked but she never even heard me. I looked past her and saw the door creak open. I walked over and saw it was Sky and Catherine creeping in, a knife in Sky's hand. Sky snuck up behind my mom and put a knife to her throat and quickly and pulled it towards her, slitting my mom's throat.

"MOM!!!" I screamed and rushed over to her to try to catch her, but she fell through me.

"Ok now that that's done we can go get Kyle." Catherine said as they left the room where my mom lay, blood splattered on the floor, and dead. The color drained from her face, slowly.

My eyes flashed open, Macey leaning over me, a worried look in her eyes.

"You ok?" She asked and moved as I sat up. I nodded ever so slightly, then looked at the clock.

"Do you want to go to school today?" I asked Macey.

"Sure, I think we could both use interactions with the public." She chuckled. I smiled slightly and I went to go get dressed. I got on some dark jeans and a black shirt, I combed my hair and brushed my teeth, then continued downstairs. Once down Macey sat me down in my usual spot and served me a plate. Trigger ran up and hopped into a chair.

"Great news guys!" He exclaimed as Macey gave him a plate too. "Kyle, your dad is coming!" He said and chomped down on a piece of bacon. I was so stunned I spit out my OJ, and yet Macey didn't even flinch. Instead she kneeled down with a towel. I ran over and took the towel from her and cleaned it up myself.

"Shouldn't you guys get to school? I hear the bus coming." Trigger said and hopped down from the chair and ran to the window. Macey and I grabbed our backpacks and ran out to wait for the bus. When the bus pulled up Macey reached down and held my hand, as we walked down the isle Cassidy didn't even speak to me, I even smiled a little bit about that. We sat in our seats and talked and held hands the whole way to school. Once arrived, Macey went to her locker and I went to mine.

"Hey, there you are," Jack and Jacob jogged up to my locker as I opened it. "Yo, dude, im sorry about your mom." Jacob said and Jack nodded in agreement, I didn't speak. Macey walked up and held my hand as we walked to history. Mr. Golf didn't look mad this time, he looked sorry, he put on a video but I didn't watch it. I starred at a wall and spaced out. Only the gentle tug of Mace brought me out of my trance. Now we go our separate ways. I go to math and she goes to science. When in math

Mrs. Beck didn't call on me for anything, or even so much as enter me in participation. I sat in the back of the class starring at the clock, waiting for passing time to come along. Once the bell rang I got all of my stuff together and walked out to the halls where I saw Macey talking to Sky. I peeked my head around the corner and listened.

"You are not allowed around him! You hurt him in a way no one should!" Macey whispered enough to make it sound like a threat.

"I can go and do as I please!" Sky spat, just then someone laid a hand on my shoulder. I spun around to see Ben.