Chapter 17

The lights in Bruce and Percy's bedroom flickered on, with Percy standing right next to the switch

    Tapping her foot, Percy looked at Bruce disapprovingly as he tried to sneak into their room at four am.

    Bruce looked like a deer caught in headlights. His eyes widened and he jumped back a bit in surprise.

    He then quickly recomposed himself, settling with a smile that he flashed to his favorite demigod in the world.

    "Percy, what are you doing up?" Bruce asked while shuffling into the bedroom, trying to get to the bed so that she wouldn't notice the bandages around his stomach and also his slight limp.

    "I could ask you the same thing, Mr Wayne." Percy coolly replied, keeping her eyes steadily on Bruce, making sure he was in one piece.

    "I was getting a glass of water." He replied, flinching at the obvious lie because he knew that Percy knew that wasn't the case.

     "Aha," she skeptically replied while narrowing her eyes at him. She noticed that he was trying to hide something, but didn't known what it was.

    "Percy, just go back to bed. It's nothing." Bruce said with a smile that was meant to be reassuring.

    "Nothing?" She asked, her voice raising a lot while saying this. Her eyes were set ablaze in disbelief, but still contained anger towards her best friend turned boyfriend.

    "It's nothing to be worried about." He said, trying to calm her down while taking slow and soft steps towards her.

     "Really!?" She yelled, stepping even closer to him to the point that she could feel his breath on her nose.

     "Yes, really" he answered, the ping-pong game going back and forth inbetween them. One the peacemaker, the other the hulk.

   "Can you explain why you were out from nine until now, which is seven hours?" She asked with her eyebrow raised.

     "As I said, I was getting a glass of water." He replied, fiddling with the bottom of his shirt because he didn't want Percy to see the bandages under it.

     "Drinking water for seven hours?" She asked, pressing on the matter.

    Bruce's eyes widened in realisation at what he had 'confirmed'. "Well, no-uh- yes - uh - I mean I-" Percy cut him off by placing her hand over his mouth, daring him to try and speak.

     "Not only did you lie right to my face, but you have also lied to me for the past two months." Percy sharply said to him, watching as his Adams apple bobbed up and down because of him taking a big 'gulp' like characters do in cartoons.

     "Not only have you lied to me, but you got Alfred to join in!" She shrieked while taking a step back then hitting him on his stomach, having noticed the fresh bandages there.