Derek

"Rise and shine sweety!" Rose opened her eyes to see her mother sitting at the edge of her bed. "Today the sun will shine down on you, and you will make the most out of today!" Rose's mother exclaimed. Rose sat up and yawned. "Thanks mom! I know, I will stay positive and I'll remember to smile and whatnot. I promise." Rose stretched her arms and pulled off the sheets. "You better! Did you finish those apology letters yet?" Rose stood up and shook her head. "I only finished Dereks' but im going to give it to him today. I want to take it one day at a time, you know?" Rose's mom smiled and stood up to give Rose a hug. "I want you to know I'm proud of you. Now go get dressed. Breakfast is ready downstairs and you gotta get to school soon." "Yes ma'am!" As soon as her mother stepped out of her room, she walked over to her closet and opened the doors. She looked over all her clothes and decided  to wear a blue shirt with a picture of a panda, and simple black shorts. She put on her jeans and put her hair into a high ponytail. She grabbed the letter on her desk and ran downstairs to the kitchen. "HI Rose!" "Hey love" Rose gave a quick kiss to Sarah and sat down. After eating her breakfast, she began to walk to school. Hopefully I meet with Derek on my way to school, and not at school, because then it would be more embarrassing. As Rose began walking down her street, she held the envelope tightly and kept it near her chest as she looked around hoping to catch him walking. With luck, as she was approaching school, she caught him standing in the corner looking down. She gave a sigh of relief and looked at the envelope in her hands and began to feel anxiety. I don't know how he will react. Hopefully in a good way, but will he even accept this letter? Rose shook her head and began walking towards him. He looked up at her and stared as she approached near. She gave a small smile and waved. "Hey Derek." Derek raised an eyebrow at her but said nothing. "Hey..yeah I know maybe you're mad at me and whatnot, but I'm trying to make amends with everyone who I have pissed off this year. This is a letter from me to you. I really am sorry." She handed him the letter and began to panic when he didn't take it. Derek sighed and cupped her hands in his. "Rose it's me who has to apologize, I was a jerk to you, and I came to terms with it. I want us to be friends again, like how it used to be." Derek took the letter and looked Rose in the eyes. She sighed and kicked a small pebble near her foot. "I can try. I don't think our friends dship will be exactly how it was, but I'm willing to try and be your friend again." Derek smiled and hugged Rose, catching her off guard. She stood there but gave a small smile and patted Derek in the back. He apologized for the random hug and together they walked to school. "It was hell not being able to talk to you." Rose looked at Derek and rolled her eyes. "You could've talked to me, i mean yes I was hurt and mad, I admit, but you could've tried" Derek tugged on his shirt and nodded. "Yeah I know I will be forever sorry, and grateful for you." Rose smiled and nodded. Now I just got to get through the day, and get home and write the letter for Candice.