Chapter 11: Is it betrayal or confusion?

Something that shattered her heart to pieces instantly. Her eyes shifted from left to right as she covered her mouth, as to not to scream. There, standing in front of her, was Greg and Candice. They seemed to be talking, but they were close together, too close. Greg seemed to be shaking his head "no" as Candice smiled at him. Rose took a few steps forward, about to interrupt them when Candice's eyes catched Rose off guard.Candice smirked at Rose and leaned in to kiss Greg. Rose grabbed her backpack's straps tightly and sighed heavily. How stupid could i have possibly have been? Someone liking me was way to good to be true. This hurts, im tired of hurting. Man, this sucks, i hate my life. Rose ran past them without looking up, and went straight to her locker. She opened it, and looked to her right to see Greg struggling to get Candice off of him. Rose's eyes moved from him, to inside her locker. She picked out her math books and slammed her locker shut. She let her hand slowly fall down off her locker as she closed her eyes. She turned and slowly walked to her math class. She threw her backpack over the back of her chair, and slumped in her seat. She didn't want to be there, she hated this class, and she hated her life. She wished she could close her eyes, and when she opened them, she'd be in the comfort of her own room, sitting in her corner in the dark, but when she opened her eyes, she was still in the classroom, surrounded by arrogant and stuck-up teenagers. She lowered her head as her hair fell into place, and covered her face. I don't want to be here, i just want to go home. She cleaned her eyes before tears could begin to fall, and looked up at the board, hoping to get her mind off of the depression she was beginning to feel. There was an assignment on the board, she wanted to do it, but for some reason, she couldn't move. she just sat there, motionless, in pain, as sadness overwhelmed her. I really liked him, i thought he was different, why did he fall into Candice's hands too? Why does everyone i care about always leave? "Rose! Pay attention and complete the assignment on the board!" The teacher yelled. All the students turned to look at Rose, she nodded and scowled at those who dared to stare at her. She picked up her pencil and began writing down the equations, one after another. She noticed a tear fall onto the paper, one after another. I'm crying? Why am i crying, why now?! She sniffled and wiped her face with her sleeves. The bell rang, class is over. Rose quickly grabbed her papers and backpack and zoomed out the class. There is no way in hell that i'm going to my next class! fuck that class. Next, Rose had history, but in history class, she sat next to Greg. She ran to the boulders, and sat behind one, hiding herself from view. She closed her eyes which forced more tears to roll down her cheeks. She opened her eyes to look up at the sky. Her vision slowly began getting blurry as her eyes filled with tears. I hate myself for being so upset over a single boy. She wrapped her arms around her knees and sat there in silence, enjoying the sounds of the birds singing. After a while, she stopped crying, but she still didn't feel like moving. If anything, she felt like staying behind that boulder forever. It was peaceful, and no one bothered her.