Chapter 5: Candice what?!

Rose couldn't think straight for the rest of class. She wanted the day to end and she wanted to go home. She didn't look at Derek for the rest of class, but she could tell he was looking at her. "OK class, the bell will ring in 2 minutes, pack your stuff. Next is lunch, then on to your next class. Try not to be late to any of them." Mr.Rivas shot a glare at Rose. She groaned and looked down. She grabbed her pencil and put it in her pencil pouch. Then she grabbed the pencil pouch and put it in her backpack. She stacked her notebooks and got ready to dash out the door. She looked at the clock and began counting down. 5...4...3...2...1... RIIING! Rose jumped up and ran out the door as fast as she could. She got to her locker, opened it, threw in her books, and slammed it shut. Tears began rolling down her cheeks. "Why..?" She rubbed her eyes but the tears created a waterfall down her face and it wouldn't stop. Grace sped up and walked over to the girls restroom. She opened a stall and locked herself in one. She put the seat down and sat on it. She began crying. "Derek.." She cried out his name softly to herself. "Hey..Rose?" Rose gasped and looked up. She saw a shadow in front of her stall. She quickly wiped her eyes and looked up. "Y-yea?" She tried to keep her voice steady. "It's me Candice, I just wanted to let you know that i will take good care of Derek" Rose suddenly felt anger rise in her. she was a volcano about to burst. "What?!" She shouted at her. "Oh..he didn't tell you? We are dating, we have been since May, the month before culmination." Rose froze. "T-that can't be true.." Candice chuckled. "Yes it is, don't you remember that he left you alone on your birthday? Why do you think that is Rose..? Think about it. He left you for me." Candice laughed maniacally and walked out the restroom. Rose slowly opened the stall and looked at herself in the mirror. She was a mess. Her hair was every where and her eyes were red because of her crying. Rose sighed and turned on the faucet. She wet her face and wet her hair to try to make it look better. "Can it really be true?" Rose stared at herself in the mirror. "Was i not pretty enough?" Rose looked away and slowly pushed open the girl's restroom. As soon as she did, she saw Derek and Candice together down the hall. Rose stared as Candice ran into Derek's arms and they kissed. Candice turned her head and saw Rose. She smiled and pulled Derek in. He looked over at Rose who was beginning to cry again. Derek broke away from the kiss. "Rose!" Candice grabbed his chin, "Leave her.." Then she moved forward for another kiss. At that moment, Rose dashed down the hall, and past them. Derek pushed Candice and ran after Rose. "Rose!!"