Chapter 4: Rose's big confession

"Where are we going Greg?" Rose asked walking behind Greg. "No where in particular. That girl Candice was right though." "About what?" "The bell, nothing else." Greg looked down at his watch. "The bell will ring in about 2 minutes." Rose nodded and looked at their hands. He was still holding her hand. She blushed and smiled to herself. "Rose?" She looked up to see Greg looking at her. "Rose are you alright?" Rose began to panic. "U-uh, I'm fine, why do you ask?" Greg crossed his arms. "You were turning red." Rose's eyes widened. "Oh! I'm sorry! That's nothing." Greg shrugged. "If you say so." The bell rang and Rose began walking to the building. Greg followed behind. Rose took out her roster and read it aloud. "Room 215, Math honors, Ms.Lee." Greg looked around and spotted room 213. "Let's go this way." They took a left and got to their class. Rose took a deep breath and sighed. She pushed open the door and slowly stepped in. She saw Derek's eyes, and there was an anger she never experienced with him before. Candice, on the other hand, was smiling sweetly at Rose again. Rose looked down and sat in the back of the class. Greg sat beside her. Rose took out a pencil and began writing the assignments on the board. After she did that, she sighed and put her head in her hands. Her eyes seemed to move on their own. They looked over at the love birds. Derek and Candice were talking, but they weren't laughing or smiling at all. Derek looked very serious. I wonder what they are talking about. Why is Derek so serious? Rose began thinking about what they could be talking about. Hmm.. possibly how i reacted could've triggered his anger. But i was only protecting a friend. Rose was rubbing her head when suddenly she felt a tug on her shoulder. "Huh?" She looked over to see a girl standing next to her. "One, you're drooling..two, class is over, get your stuff and leave already, or do you like school so much?" The girl rolled her eyes and sighed. "Uh.." Rose stared mindlessly. "Hey! What are you looking at? Just get up and leave! The bell rang and it will ring again in 3 minutes!" Rose snapped out of her daydream and gasped. She wiped off her drool and quickly picked up her stuff. She ran out the door not thinking about anything. Shit! I'm going to be late!! She ran until she finally found her next class. She zoomed in just as the bell rang. Mr.Rivas raised an eyebrow at Rose and said sternly, "You're late." Rose gasped for air. "F-forgive me, sir." Rose took in a deep breath. "This is my first day here, i don't know my way around very well." Mr.Rivas sighed and handed Rose a paper. "Here is a map of the school ground. Don't be late to my class ever again!" Rose nodded and looked around, the only seat available, was next to Derek. Rose groaned and reluctantly sat down next to him. As soon as she did, he passed over a note to her. Rose,what is wrong with you? Why did you act so strange towards Candice and why are you friends with that loser? ROSE stop hanging out with him! Follow me during lunch, i will show you real friends. Rose looked up to make sure the teacher wasn't looking, then she replied. Nothing is WRONG with ME! What is wrong with you?! You were such a nice guy, you were my friend! Now you're judging people you don't know? It's all Candice's fault! And maybe i acted so HURT when you were holding hands with Candice was maybe because i LOVED you! I really did..now i don't know who you are anymore. Who are you and what have you done with DEREK? Rose folded the paper in half and wiped away a tear. She gave the note to Derek and watched as he read it. His eyes widened and looked at Rose with hurt in his eyes. She looked away and a tear fell down her cheek.