Chapter 14

We rushed to the hospital. Amy drove us there. When we arrived, we weren't allowed in as they were trying to keep her alive. We waited outside for a while before we could come in. Her face was badly beaten. One of her arms was broken and there were deep cuts everywhere. She was sleeping. We decoded to stay in the room with her till she wakes up. "Do you think she'll be ok?" I asked Amy. "I don't know. Maybe." we sat in silence for about 5 minutes. "She's not walking up!" I said freaking out. "Chill Angela, you need to give it time." I took a few deep breaths we fell asleep in the hospital room. I woke up. "Its Monday." I said to Amy "is that bad?" "no, we have school but I still need to find the culprit." "you have plenty of time." "I know but we still have so much to do. I start searching tomorrow." our mom woke up. "Mom are you ok?" I asked her. " "i'm ok, look i-I wont be here m-much longer girls." "what no" I said to her "look, please don't let me bring you down. Amy, take care of Angela for me." "yes mom." she said. "Angela, be careful. Practice your powers. Be safe, you can defeat him." "wait how do you know about my powers." "it isn't important. Defeat him." "who?" "the culprit." "who is the culprit? Do you know?" "yes I know. I wanted to tell you." "who is it?" "its, its" she fell dead. "Mom no. Wake up." I called to her. "Look Angela, she's gone" Amy said to calm me down. We had to leave. I ran off to my room and cried. We were close before dad died. Bow she's gone. I had so many questions. How did she know about my powers? How did she know who the culprit was? How did she know it was a boy? Who is the culprit? Why did she have to die then? I needed to know, but I can't let this slow me down. Mom wouldn't have wanted me to dwell forever. I had to find the culprit. I will find him. I know that it is male. A male culprit. I will find him.