Chapter 22

I woke up and went straight to rervensland. I had to tell carter. I didn't know how he would react. As soon as I found him, I told him that I had news. "What is it?" he asked "we found out who the culprit is." he sat down an a bench and I sat next to him. He was looking foward and I was looking at him. "You did?" "yes, well Fiona did." "who?" he still want looking at me. "Carter," he tensed up. "Its James." he sat there and relaxed then looked up but not at me." "really?" he didn't even look suprised. "Does this not bother you carter?" "yeah, he was my friend. I don't know what changed." he still wasnt looking at me. "Do you love me Angela?" he asked finally looking at me. "Yeah, why..." I thought for a minute. "Carter?" "yeah?" "carter, James isn't the culprit, is he." "how would I know. His face had no emotion. "Cause carter, your the culprit, aren't you." "why would I do that." "he said as he stood up. I stood up as well. "Cause you want to be the only one with powers. You wanted to destroy this world so you can take over the real one. It all makes sense. The trying to stop me from practicing. Going slow cause 'it will help' when really it is because you were afraid that if I found you, I wouldnt be strong enough to defeat you. Its you isn't it?" he didn't say anything. "Carter, seriously. Answer me." "so what if its true. You wont be able to defeat me. Im to powerful." "yeah, we'll see about that." there was now a crowd. I saw Andrews face as he learned his son was the culprit. It was a face of shame but carter didn't care. He started to create a ball of fire. I didn't know what to do. He was right. He was more powerful. I was stronger in ice though so I went to that and froze his fire ball. It was now just ice. Since he couldn't control ice, it fell into his hands. He melted it and it turned into water. He evaporated the water and threw fire at me. I caught it then froze it and threw it back to carter. He was able to dodge it. Before I had time to react, he made a spiral if fire and hit me with it. It threw me to the ground. I was in pain. It burned my arm. He smiled evil like. "Your just not strong enough to defeat me."he used his firento make himself lift somehow. He was high in the air. I decided to use this to my advantage. I froze his fire stand and he fell down. I think he broke a leg cause he could get up. People came behind Him and locked him up. I was relieved it was over. Andrew came over and helped me up. I told him that James had the memories so he knew about theplan so they locked him up as well. I went home and told Amy everything that happened. I went to bed and relaxed. I defeated him. It was carter all along. I thought I could trust him but I can't. Well its over now. I have these powers. I used to think that they were a curse, and now that I understand them better, they are probably the best blessing ever.